Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 5 and other GPS apps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 5 and other GPS apps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Navigator 5 and other GPS apps Reply with quote

I have just installed TT5 on my iPaq with a TomTom BT receiver and now I cannot use my GPS from other applications. I have read Dave's "smarties" thing, but in my "remove programs" list I didn't have TomTom ~ GPS but TomTom ~ Bluetooth Support. When I removed this it really did remove it and TT stopped working. Can anyone enlighten me please.
By the way what a disgraceful application to behave in this way.
schneid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you are saying. If you are trying to run more than one app at the same time, you can't, unless you use GPSGate.

I run iGidance, Ozi, Pocket Streets, GPSDash, and other all the time, simultaneously or not, with problem. In TT5 you do not need the folders you mentioned, at laeast I don't, and in fact they are probably empty.

To fix TT5 just reinstall it. It's a great app, hang in there.
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schneid wrote:
Not sure what you are saying. If you are trying to run more than one app at the same time, you can't, unless you use GPSGate.

Just read the sticky thread in this forum entitled "TomTom Nav BT Installation for Smarties" and you'll see what I mean.
As soon as I installed TT5 it stopped my other apps working - either independently or concurrently.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you sure you have tomtom5 as what you discribe sounds like tomtom 3 as tt5 doenst have those folders you mention as said erlier you can run 2 gps apps at the same time unless you have gpsgate or similar are you clos tomtom by exitng the the program via the exit botton in the menu if its tt3 the have then closing via the x the corner won't close the program either use a task manager or in settings memory running programs and stop

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
are you sure you have tomtom5 as what you discribe sounds like tomtom 3 as tt5 doenst have those folders you mention as said erlier you can run 2 gps apps at the same time unless you have gpsgate or similar are you clos tomtom by exitng the the program via the exit botton in the menu if its tt3 the have then closing via the x the corner won't close the program either use a task manager or in settings memory running programs and stop

Definitely TT5 and I'm definitely closing it, even a soft reset doesn't make the other application work (Memory Map).
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now tried 2 other simple GPS applications (GPSinfo and VisualGPS) and neither of them can see my GPS, but TT can. It *has* to be something TT has done. Can anyone help me ?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How have you got the other applications setup for the GPS each one needs to be set for NMEA data type, if you have anthing else then this could be the reason it can't see the GPS - Mike
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
How have you got the other applications setup for the GPS each one needs to be set for NMEA data type, if you have anthing else then this could be the reason it can't see the GPS - Mike

Memory Map is set to NMEA. Anquet Maps, GPSinfo, and VisualGPS don't even mention NMEA in the setup. Anyway, I don't think that's the problem becasue the error is typically "unable to open COM port".
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I should have made it clear earlier in this thread, I was running TT3 before I installed TT5 and all was well then. I could quite happily run other applications.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, just another thought for the other applications try switching BT on, then go to BT manager tap and hold the icon for the GPS unit and select Connect from the pop-up box - then run up the application you want to use, TomTom is capable of switching on the BT and connecting to the GPS unit on its own (given time, 30 secs etc) but the others don't do this - they expect the port to be open and active - Mike
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Tony, just another thought for the other applications try switching BT on, then go to BT manager tap and hold the icon for the GPS unit and select Connect from the pop-up box - then run up the application you want to use, TomTom is capable of switching on the BT and connecting to the GPS unit on its own (given time, 30 secs etc) but the others don't do this - they expect the port to be open and active - Mike

Eureka - thanks very much, all OK now.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: