Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS Viewer cant connect GPSSlim236
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS Viewer cant connect GPSSlim236

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davemcwish
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: GPS Viewer cant connect GPSSlim236 Reply with quote

I've got a very similar problem to HoudiniQ earlier in this forum only the ending hasn't been reached.

The setup is:-
HP iPAQ rx3715
ROM 1.01.11B (English)
GPS Viewer v1.5
Holux GPSlim236 Receiver p/n 96033-10 s/n 236-**** **** (Made in Taiwan)
(No other s/w currently installed)

The bluetooth details of the PDA are:-
Radio present: Yes
Firmware: 3.16
Hardware revision: 1.2
Driver version: 1.0
Software Version: Bluetooth for Windows CE v1.5.0 Build 2600
Module release date: 09-23-2004

I've followed the instructions to configure in the Bluetooth Manager and I can get an active connection to SPP Slave, although if I look at the status there's no activity but with signal strength 'just right'. (The GPS was fully charged prior to doing the above).

I then installed the GPS Viewer from the supplied CD Rom, and changed the baud rate to 38400. According to the manual I should now select scan and the Viewer software should connect to the GPS and pickup the satellite signal. Unfortunately all I get is:-

Scan COM1...(None)
Scan COM2...(Open failed)
Scan COM3...(None)
Scan COM4...(None)
Scan COM5...(Open failed)
Scan COM6...(None)
Scan COM7...(Open failed)
Scan COM8...(None)
Scan COM9...(None)
Scan COM7...(Open failed)
Scan completed!

I've tried resetting both the PDA and GPS devices, uninstalling and reinstalling the s/w, reconfiguring and even a hard reset (so all I have now is the ROM plus the GPS Viewer s/w).

I have read (in a magazine) that one option may be to remove the battery and power from the GPS receiver for 3 days to let the internal battery discharge. Is this worth a shot or is there something else I could do ?

Thoughts/advice anyone.

Dave
geedee
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Holux 236 Reply with quote

I Have an HP4700 and struggled for some time to set it up.
What I did was to set the baud to 4800 and when the slave shows up I double clicked this and everything seemed to work OK.

The comm port is 8.

Graham
davemcwish
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Success Reply with quote

Tried that but didn't work. So I installed wintek navigator and *carefully* followed the instructions to diagnose issues (documented elsewhere on this site) and now I'm a happy bunny...

:-)
swamyg1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Wintek Navigator... I am having the exact same problem here.

I need help badly 8O
ardi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: I have the same problem... Reply with quote

Hi! I got a similar problem, but instead of a pda, I'm trying to connect it to my laptop, via bluetooth. I wish someone could help us...I'm getting desperate.

I have tried everything without success. Yesterday there was a single surprising moment where suddenly the gps got connected but then I turned it off and since that I haven't been able to achieve a connection any more...

As you said, the bluetooth connection apparently works, but I could nothing get since that from gpsviewer, so what can I do? The ports are set at the correct speed, they're actually 7 and 8...All has been checked, but got nothing,... oohh I'm feeling dissapointed...
davemcwish
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Wintek Navigator Reply with quote

This is a piece of s/w that you can use to diagnose your GPS. It also allows you to switch between modes of operation (Sirf and NMEA) with the latter being the one typiically used with PDA's. As far as I know it's free. If you google you should be able to find it easily. Be careful though when changing the settings as you might make the unit inoperable. If memory serves, theres instructions somewheer on this site.

Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: