Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SPV C500 to M500?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SPV C500 to M500?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bingo_Accent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: SPV C500 to M500? Reply with quote

Can someone please answer a real beginner’s question for me, and explain the differences between Windows Mobile for Smartphone and for Pocket PC – specifically the implications for software purchased for the former, if I change to a PPC phone.

I’m thinking of changing from an SPV C500 to an SPV M500, and need to understand what I may need to re-purchase. Obviously, the big one on this front is my TomTom Mobile 5. Would I need to shell out for Navigator? If that’s the case, it looks like I’m sticking with Smartphones for a while…

The guy in the Orange shop reckoned that TTM5 would work on the M500, because they are both Windows Mobile devices, but the TomTom website has them listed separately on their compatibility lists.
erniew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have a genuine copy of tomtom mobile 5
changeing to a different device such as a pda you will need to download from tomtom the pda software update for such devices you can then install your maps to that new device (the update is free to download)

you then just have to activate the map onto your new device subject to the normal activation time limitts

i have just changed from an spv 500 to an o2 adx mini with no problems at all

hope this helps

erniew
erniew
Bingo_Accent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a relief!

I may well be back, begging for a hand-holding once I've done the change of phone Wink
Bingo_Accent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom are adamant that I'd need to spend €199 and buy the software-only version of Navigator.

I really don’t want to be stuck with Smartphones forever (especially having seen the planned Mio A701) but at the same time, I can’t justify spending that sort of cash.

Does the approach outlined above definitely work - and if it does, are there any problems/limitations?
erniew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are incorrect

it will work if you download and install the tt5 navigator upgrade and have a genuine map with a code to unlock it

erniew

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: