Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can't See Speed Camera Icons In Navigation Mode (FAQ)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't See Speed Camera Icons In Navigation Mode (FAQ)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trajet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bevisnorth wrote:
Is it possible to have the speed displayed at all times?

NO
sgillow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am stuck, I have downloaded the POIs for my i3 from garminpois.co.uk and also the speed camera database. I use the Garmin POI Loader software. The POIs work great but I dont get warned when speed cameras are approaching. I downloaded the speed cameras as the one file called pocketgps_uk_sc.gpx.

I have confirmed that the speed cameras are in the list and I saw that one particular one was set at 40 so I approached at 50 (according to my car speedo) but still no warning. Any ideas?

I checked settings and proximity alerts are on.

Help me please!
Simon
Nickwolf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgillow wrote:
I have confirmed that the speed cameras are in the list and I saw that one particular one was set at 40 so I approached at 50 (according to my car speedo) but still no warning.
Surprised

Do you go around town on Saturday nights knocking police officer's hats off? Stupid

Nick.
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickwolf wrote:
sgillow wrote:
I have confirmed that the speed cameras are in the list and I saw that one particular one was set at 40 so I approached at 50 (according to my car speedo) but still no warning.
Surprised

Do you go around town on Saturday nights knocking police officer's hats off? Stupid

Nick.

watching the reply to that one with interest Laughing

if you replace the @ with a double space followed by the speed ie 30 then on the initial bong you will get the camera icon on the screen until you past it. the banner along the top of the screen will also be showing you the camera type and the speed setting ie

alert gatso:1234 30

this way you see the icon all the time regardless of speed, the type of camera and the speed limit. Wink
timmy22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: problems Reply with quote

Guys i downloaded the file with the camera places and installed it ok.
I have no camera icons that show or any alerts.
Have I done this right, i can see the camera locations in custom points.
I have been driving towards the speed cameras like a lunitic, still no warning?.

Ps great site, i love my i3. Laughing
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: problems Reply with quote

timmy22 wrote:
I have been driving towards the speed cameras like a lunitic, still no warning?.

i think it is about time i stopped watching this topic :x
pcorbridge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: problems Reply with quote

matb wrote:
timmy22 wrote:

i think it is about time i stopped watching this topic :x

I had similar problem, so downloaded the database as the 6 seperate .csv files (Option 'UK-POI Loader') and all now OK. Can see icons on screen when approaching along with audible alert.
Flazcano
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Displaying cameras Reply with quote

is It possible to make the i3 *always* display speed camera locations, and to *always* warn of them and also warn if my speed is higher, in other word make it work "normal" but with the camera icons displayed all the time cheers...
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Displaying cameras Reply with quote

Flazcano wrote:
is It possible to make the i3 *always* display speed camera locations, and to *always* warn of them and also warn if my speed is higher, in other word make it work "normal" but with the camera icons displayed all the time cheers...

Yes - BUT - you need to use either cbrom's or Ash10's camera utilities to manipulate the downloaded csv files, and select the appropriate "always shown" type options.
Flazcano
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: thanks for the advise Reply with quote

would you tell me where i can download the cbrom's or the Ash10's from , thanks again , and wich one of the two do yo recomend the most ? thanks
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: thanks for the advise Reply with quote

Flazcano wrote:
would you tell me where i can download the cbrom's or the Ash10's from , thanks again , and wich one of the two do yo recomend the most ? thanks

Not being funny, but there are two threads that are stickies in this forum, each dedicated to the respective utility.

As to recommmend, I wouldn't personally - I'd rather let you make your own mind up. I can say which one I use - cbrom's - but that's not so much a recommendation of one over the other, as simply saying which one I've personally preferred to use.
Trajet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bevisnorth wrote:

Sorry Mate NO!
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trajet wrote:
bevisnorth wrote:

Sorry Mate NO!

Scroll up - you responded to the same person, with the same reply, 5 months ago...

What gives?
Flazcano
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: please help... Reply with quote

help please , I downloaded Cbrom's and i have the poiLoader from garming , , all that iwant is to make my I3 work the same way It works now "alerts and warnings " but to show the cameras all the time , i already did the file convertions but it shows there is not enough space on the gps to store all points reduce the number to be sent and try again , can somebody tell me how to do it step by step I'm new in it ... thanks
Flazcano
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: updating a i3 maps Reply with quote

ones gain is me , can somebody help me with this one as I said I just got this Garmin i3 , with the preloaded card wich cover UK and Ireland, I have noticed that some of the data is not updated , Ican some one tell me how i can update this maps .... thanks again ,

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: