Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No RAW data from fortuna BT Clip on
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No RAW data from fortuna BT Clip on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coyote
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: No RAW data from fortuna BT Clip on Reply with quote

Have successfully created BT pair using 0000 with the Fortuna Clip on BT GPS and my Dell Axim X30 :D but when I view the BT status using the MS Mobile 2003 BT software it says its receiving no data :x . I read earlier that some of the devices have hardware issues and by moving the ST and XT switch can sometimes kick it in the right direction :P . Unfortunately I tried this and it still transmits no RAW data however the blue status link light on the device is flashing like crazy! Evil or Very Mad

Any ideas guys or do you think this needs shipping back to Fortuna Question

Regards

Coyote Sad
UHF
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On MY setup, in SiRF mode, I dont see data flowing, only in NEMA. However, it works in both modes whether I see data flowing or not. Does it work without the data flowing?
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by "see data flowing"?

NMEA can be interpreted by a human if you take a little time to understand the protocol - it's textual. SiRF is different - it's a binary protocol that's not in any way human readable, but it's perfectly able to carry data to software that understands it.

David
coyote
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I say data flowing I mean Kbp through the status screen <not within the GPS software>. Typically on GPS receivers you would see approx 10Kbps being received in through the assigned virtual COM port. In my instance I could not Crying or Very sad

However on a more positive note :D , my receiver is now working fine. To summarise for anybody who has this issue. Try fully charging the receiver until the green light comes on, then try using the device in XT mode. Turn off, Switch back to ST mode and try again. This worked for me Happy

Settings for thr Fortuna Clipon using MS Mobile 2k3 on a Dell Axim X3 is below:

COM7
NMEA Protocol
38400 Baud

Thanks for your suggestions guys :P

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: