Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iCN520 Turn off 3D maps?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iCN520 Turn off 3D maps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperatus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: iCN520 Turn off 3D maps? Reply with quote

Has anyone found a way to disable the 3D maps. Personally I find them useless! :x
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you switch to 2D, you will only get a 'North up' view, as opposed to 'Direction up'. You could, in 3D view, press the UP part of the toggle switch to get an almost flat view.
Desperatus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tim. I just tried it and it seems to do just what I want. I'll try it on a route tomorrow and see what happens.
monsieurcanard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the 2 D view confusing when driving as it is not going in the same direction. I think it would be useful for city walking though. Also, when driving with 2 d view, the location arrow scrolls off the screen and the map does not seem to scroll with it. I read something somewhere else on the forum about this, any ideas?

Regards,

Bob
Dilemma
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

Sound like you have got the unit in manual mode. Press the "Next Page" button again to switch to automatic mode again, and your map will scroll as you drive.
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monsieurcanard wrote:
I find the 2 D view confusing when driving as it is not going in the same direction.

If you 'tilt' the picture back up so it's flat in 3d mode (by holding down the 'up' part of the 4-way navi-button) then the unit stays in the direction you're moving but imitates 2d mode.
monsieurcanard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have been on a reasonably long trip 200m this weekend. On the outward journey, the map would not scroll along keeping the arrow (me) on the screen. In 3d view, the arrow was near the horizon and then eventually disappeared. I tried everything pressing all the buttons etc, but to no avail. However, the voice instruction continued to work, and also the next turn screen so I managed with that.

I had the night before, been playing around with 'demonstrate route mode', when I finished, I deselected the tick from the box.

Before commencing the reurn journey, I again had a look at the setting for 'demostrate mode', no tick. I tapped on save, and programmed my return route. Everything worked OK!

I think that when I was using 'demonstrate mode', although I unticked the box, I did not wait until it had 'saved'. Does this sound about right to you more experienced users? As I can think of no other reason.

Regards,

Bob
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi monsieurcanard.

The way to tell if your in demonstrate mode quickly, is to look at the bottom right hand side of the screen.
You will find the words SIM and 62mph alternating.
I've also found that it's best to get a fix before entering your route or you can get the problem you describe.
Works everytime for me now. :D

CJ
TerryWalsh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive also seen this problem a few times. I have found that if I use the next page key to cycle through until I get back to the 3 D page all is well.

Terry Walsh
monsieurcanard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thinking about it ceejay, I don't think it was showing as being in SIM mode. I tried the next page button, I even stopped a couple of miles along and cancelled the route and re calculated another route (same place). The same problem occurred. Yet later in the day on returning, I asked it to 'take me home' I did not have a fix but did pull over once out of the car park until it got a fix, before continuing on. After trying to get me back on track a few times, it got me out of the city, and I had no problems except a couple of glitches with trying to take me along non existant roads etc! But that's another story. I shall monitor this 'non scrolling screen' problem.

Regards,

Bob

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: