Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Save to Device Problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Save to Device Problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turbo1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: POI Save to Device Problem Reply with quote

using the 520, i get the info up on the poi editor, save to device. It says how much space is avail, how much require etc, then copies. Then says successfully copied.

Go into my POI's on the navman and its not there tho ? And when i re-copy it says that a file already exists on the device with that name.

So its on there but why wont it pick it up ? am i doing something wrong ?

incidently the space available seems to stay the same at 95.61mb and not go down after copying a couple of files. Ive copied the gatso info over but cant seem to do the mobile, redlight, etc.

any help much welcomed !!
turbo1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone got any ideas please...??
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you know what you are doing - so, before you start, have you actually read all the notes in theiCN 5XX handbook Question
If you have the book, the instructions are on page 37.

Do any of the visual alert icons (the bitmap files) i.e. little cameras, show up on your screen Question

How many POIs have you downloaded Question You are restricted to 25 only.

You could try deleting all the files Wink And then start again.

Have you checked on the Navman - Home > Settings > My Data > My POI. If you have, you will have seen listed all the files that you have loaded. If they are definitely NOT there, then start again. I suspect they are there. If they dont work then delete and try again. Exclamation
turbo1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply, let me clear up some bits.

The first attempt I made at copying something was the gatso locations. Now i opened in the POI editor, saved to device. All done - opened the navman and went into my poi's and there it was named GATSO. All the pics show up and it beeps when close to the cams.
All great, just needed to copy over the Red Light, Specs and mobile locations. Now followed the same proceedure but these dont show up in my POI's but when i copy the file again it says its already there.

Is there another way of copying ? If I 'explore' the device via windows can I drag them into the right folder ??

I can not see any reason why they do not appear ! Im stumped !
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turbo1 wrote:
thanks for the reply, let me clear up some bits.

The first attempt I made at copying something was the gatso locations. Now i opened in the POI editor, saved to device. All done - opened the navman and went into my poi's and there it was named GATSO. All the pics show up and it beeps when close to the cams.
All great, just needed to copy over the Red Light, Specs and mobile locations. Now followed the same proceedure but these dont show up in my POI's but when i copy the file again it says its already there.

Is there another way of copying ? If I 'explore' the device via windows can I drag them into the right folder ??

I can not see any reason why they do not appear ! Im stumped !

Guess I'm a bit stumped too. When you saved the various other files to the device, did you give them all different names?
If you followed the procedure exactly as you did when installing the Gatso cameras, then it should have worked. Are you using the latest POI version of 23rd November?
I'll try and get the brain working and see if I can think of something else. Wink
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea Just a thought, did you tick the 'Activate' box when installing the additional POIs Question
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally (honest!) - just downloaded the latest updates to the POIs for my Navman and installed them. BUT, this time I used the Single File Version from within the Zip file. This contains in one single file of all the Gatso, Red Light Mobile, Specs and Temp (Not the Continental) so if you use that you will have full coverage of the UK. It's a lot easier.
From the SmartST Desktop program, you can access the POI files on your Device and delete all those you have already loaded if you wish or when you load the new files you can overwrite one of them by using the same file name, then delete the others. Wink
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeePee - I'm a little confused Confused I checked out how many of my own POI's I had loaded on my 510, and with all the speed related cameras, rest areas, redlights, speed zoned specs, etc - I have about 35! And they all work.

Why does everyone say you are limited to 25?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon1 wrote:
GeePee - I'm a little confused Confused I checked out how many of my own POI's I had loaded on my 510, and with all the speed related cameras, rest areas, redlights, speed zoned specs, etc - I have about 35! And they all work.

Why does everyone say you are limited to 25?

Mmmmm! I must admit I have never tried to load that many. My handbook (on page 37) says
Quote:
A Maximum of 25 Custom POIs can be saved in your iCN.
I have only about six loaded and when listed on the Navman page 'My POIs' they use about 1/4 of the screen - do yours occupy one screen or more Question

Just shows you should never take what is written for gospel. Wink
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On page 89 of my user manual it says:

A maximum of 25 Custom POI files can be saved on your ICN. The Custom POI files are listed on the My POI screen.

I guess that we have just believed what Navman tell us without questioning it or checking it.
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay - this is interesting: I had counted the number of POI's by going to Destinations - POI, then selected MY POI and then arrowing thru them all and yes, there are 35. BUT when I go to the Settings - My Data - MY POI it only lists the first 25!!!!! (All the speed-zoned specs aren't listed). But they exist alright. Go figure!
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon1 wrote:
Okay - this is interesting: I had counted the number of POI's by going to Destinations - POI, then selected MY POI and then arrowing thru them all and yes, there are 35. BUT when I go to the Settings - My Data - MY POI it only lists the first 25!!!!! (All the speed-zoned specs aren't listed). But they exist alright. Go figure!

Right! So they exist on your Device but do they operate out on the road Question
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely. One of those not listed under Settings is the Temp cameras but I can assure you I get them everytime I go thru the M3 roadworks.

Under the Destination or Settings menus, the POI's are listed alphabetically so the last one I can see under the Settings menu is a POI for all SEAT dealers/repairers. Under the Destinations menu, the list continues with all the SPECS cameras, motorway Services and Temp cameras, etc. Can't check the Specs out as there are thankfully none near where I live, but Temp cams and motorway Services work for sure, as do all the others that I have ever passed by.

Of course without testing them all I can't 100% positive that they all work, but they all appear on the maps all over the country and I'm pretty sure I've never missed one.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon1 wrote:
Absolutely. One of those not listed under Settings is the Temp cameras but I can assure you I get them everytime I go thru the M3 roadworks.

Under the Destination or Settings menus, the POI's are listed alphabetically so the last one I can see under the Settings menu is a POI for all SEAT dealers/repairers. Under the Destinations menu, the list continues with all the SPECS cameras, motorway Services and Temp cameras, etc. Can't check the Specs out as there are thankfully none near where I live, but Temp cams and motorway Services work for sure, as do all the others that I have ever passed by.

Of course without testing them all I can't 100% positive that they all work, but they all appear on the maps all over the country and I'm pretty sure I've never missed one.

That's what's great about this forum - one learns far more than ever appears in the Handbook AND far more accurate Exclamation
Malc01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem as Turbo1 above. I have downloaded the additional POIs from the database, carried out the install correctly, seen the POI files are present on the POI Manage Database function, then when I go into the device to activate them it says there are no files to activate.

I rang support and the guy made me delete all the 6 files I had loaded and he emaioled just the Gatso file and BMP which I went thru again exactly as in the instructions and as he had said. I am 100% sure I did it correctly. All boxes ticked etc. and reference to BMP file set. Guess what - no files to activate even though I know they are on the device.

I rang support and he said try updating the s/w on the device from the site. When I tried this it said my machine was fully up to date.

Did you get a solution to the problem? Next step for me is to send the thing back.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: