Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - XDA IIi, road angel and TomTom 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

XDA IIi, road angel and TomTom 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheese
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: XDA IIi, road angel and TomTom 5 Reply with quote

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum, and I am really hoping that someone will be able to help me.
I have a XDAIIi, and a new road angel. I bought TomTom 5 and a lead from Holux. The instructions that accompany the lead are good, but seem to be for a different version of TomTom software, or I am doing something really wrong. Anyway I cannot get the software to recognise a GPS device . The TomTom website is about as useful as lead lifejacket, so I was hoping that someone here, would be able to help. But please don't get too technical with your answers or suggestions, I am a newbie to the whole XDA and TomTom scene .

Many thanks in advance

john
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, go to start/ settings connections tab IrDA and de-select the receive all beams check box, then try again - this will hopefully work if its a cabled setup you are using - Mike
cheese
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike, firstly sorry for the double post, I hope I don't give people a bad first impression.
Secondly you are a genius!! I have just tried it now and it works a treat. Thank you very very much.
:D :D :D :D :D
John
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, glad you got it working, it was a guess but - seen it before (it caught me out last year with my XDAIIs) seems like yesterday though, hope you find the forum a fountain of knowledge and of use, get the safety cameras installed, warnings and the POI capture utility to make the most of it all - Mike
daiashthomas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was gonna go for this exact setup

but decided to het the thinknavi gps car cradle
glad i did too!!!
as i've noticed i never loose signal with my TTN5 on my Qtek 2020i (XDAIIi) with the gps cradle

but do experience loss of signal sometimes with the NEW RA2 (thought it was faulty once so had a replacement) but replacement is the same Laughing Out Loud.

best o luck (with regards to signal)
Minimo (firefox)
SNES Emulator
TomTom Navigator 5
ThinkNavi Car Cradle GPS Reciever
2Gb 120x SD Card
cheese
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum looks more like an Ocean of information, :D

I only went for this set-up because I had already owned the road for while, and then got a XDAIIi as a cheap upgrade. I hadn't even thought about a sat nav setup until I read that the road angel can be used as GPS device. It's a fun roller coaster of learning from that point onwards. Until last night that is. It seemed like I hit a brick wall, when I couldn't get the two devices to talk to each other.

I have another problem though, I can't seem to get the XDA to establish a GPRS signal, is this related to the new setup?
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a bug with gprs on the xda2i try going into flightmode tap the signal meter on the 2i then tap turn on flight mode do the same again to come out of flight mode and try the gprs connction again if that doesn't work check that gprs is set up on you account with o2 if that's who your with and its on contract threre is cab file on xda developers that will put the gprs setting for o2 on the phone if you don't have them on there which you may not if running corperate mode

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
cheese
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice alix776, but it is still not working, so I think I will go to the nearest O2 shop and they can sort it out.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it could be you have an xda2i that is not from early batches as there was a change in the productionprocess that ment a wired gps is incompatablewhich is why o23 only offer the bluetooth package for the 2i

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
jonny_boy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: XDA IIi, road angel and TomTom 5 Reply with quote

cheese wrote:
Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum, and I am really hoping that someone will be able to help me.
I have a XDAIIi, and a new road angel. I bought TomTom 5 and a lead from Holux. The instructions that accompany the lead are good, but seem to be for a different version of TomTom software, or I am doing something really wrong. Anyway I cannot get the software to recognise a GPS device . The TomTom website is about as useful as lead lifejacket, so I was hoping that someone here, would be able to help. But please don't get too technical with your answers or suggestions, I am a newbie to the whole XDA and TomTom scene .

Hello, sorry to dig this one up from the past but mine is the same setup but I still cannot get TT to recognise the GPS Receiver even with Infrared unchecked.... Sad can anybody help me ?

cheers

jon

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: