Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - garmin 310
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

garmin 310

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doobs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: garmin 310 Reply with quote

I have just bought a new GARMIN c310 - my first sat nav and I am now trying to add further POI's and safety camera locations.
So far I have downloaded a full poi zip file (552kb) into "my downloads" folder of my computer. I have unzipped this file into a 1.34mb file (if I have done it correctly) in another folder "my documents\ garmin poi's". I have then tried to upload to the 310 using the garmin Poi loader and choosing the "my documents\ garmin poi's" folder but then it said "there is not enough space on memory card, but having checked the free space on the memory card it indicated 70 odd mb free. The only way I have managed to add the poi file (if I have??) was to take the memory card out of the unit and put in in the card reader of the pc. I then used the drag and drop method and it appears that the extra file has gone on ok as the free space on the card has reduced. However, I am not sure if this means it is ok !! If so where do the extra poi's get stored on the 310 and do you get an extra choice e.g my poi's or similar on the menu system. If i do join as a member is it possible to have a "base" database of safety camera locations rather than updating every month - I realise it would be a bit out of date but it would be a lot better than I have now!!
micklen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am interested in this one too as I have just got a 310
I have managed to get the camea database in no problem and a couple of other small POI's
However it soon wants to tell me it can take no more

Is there a limit to the number of POI's
Or is it purely a memory issue

Thanks in advance

Mick
micklen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Spoken to Garmin about this and apparently the SD card is only used for the maps
The POI's are stored in the unit itself which apparently has 2 meg of memory
So I guess after the speed cameras there is not a lot left

Mick

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: