Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 4400 positional inaccuracy
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 4400 positional inaccuracy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cipher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman 4400 positional inaccuracy Reply with quote

Hi Dave

Excellent review of the 4400. On reading it I have now happily exchanged my Navman 3450 for the 4400 and I am delighted with it.

However, I am experiencing a slight positional inaccuracy and I'm seeking your advice on a possible correction:-

whilst the voice command remains accurate the problem is that when I approach a left/right turn, roundabout etc.. my position on the map is about 80 to 100 foot out of sync with my actual position. Consequently I turn the corner before the map shows that I have.

I did not experience this kind of problem with the 3450 and wondered if it has anything to do with the bluetooth data transfer, though I did note what you said about baud rates in a previous post.

I use the 4400 with my h5450 with Pocket PC 2002 (Rom version 1.11.19 as patched from HP.com)

I shall be grateful for any advice that you can provide.

gambitgander
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman 4400 positional inaccuracy Reply with quote

I had the same problem. The problem relates to the GPS update time. I believe it is 2 seconds on the GPS 4400 and 1 second on the GPS 3450. I'm not too bothered though. The 4400 is a great piece of kit, and gets me to where I want to go every time.
Cipher
Occasional Visitor

Wow I am actually going to answer my own link!

I've just received an email response to my query from Navman UK and was told that the problem is:

"related to the GPS update period. Unfortunately this cannot be changed......but it is done....so that the GPS

signal is more reliable."

I explained that I did not notice such a problem when using the 3450 and this alerted me to the issue with 4400. Perhaps I was mistaken.

Does anyone else experience a map positional difference?

Cipher
Occasional Visitor

Hi gambitgander

Thanks for your reply, I just posted the reply to my own post and before I noticed yours.

In fact your explanation is clearer than Navman's! Also, I agree the 4400 is a great piece of kit.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: