Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Possible fault with Mitac269+
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible fault with Mitac269+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greyfox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Possible fault with Mitac269+ Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the site and this is my first post, so if I make a few mistakes please don't kick my backside too hard. Wink

I purchased a Mio Mitac 269+ just before Christmas and I'm delighted with it. The mapping software has revealed one or two amusing foibles, like treating dirt tracks through a private estate as usable roads, which they aren't, but nothing too serious.

The problem I have is that occasionaly, after switching the unit on, the gps receiver doesn't always fire up. I sometimes have to switch the unit off and on again using the switch on the side to force it to start searching.
Could this be a software problem and therefore easily sorted out by reinstalling from the supplied discs? Or is it more likely to be a hardware fault that may require repair under warranty? At the moment it's just a minor niggle, but these things have a habit of getting worse when you least expect them to.

Any advice would be appreciated.
CompufixUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What rom image version is your unit using? the latest version for the 269+ is R13. This may well cure your problem. If you should need R13, shoot me an email
Greyfox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CompufixUK wrote:
What rom image version is your unit using? the latest version for the 269+ is R13. This may well cure your problem. If you should need R13, shoot me an email

Thanks very much for the offer. Very generous, but hopefully I won't need to put you to that trouble.

The rom image version on this particular unit is R11. But, being a relatively new owner, I've been following all the current threads regarding 269's on forums here and elsewhere, just to see what I could learn.

Earlier today I came across a posted link on another site and forum you regularly post to yourself, offering R13 as a downloadable zip file. I have saved it to my hard drive but have so far made no effort to install it.

I'm aware that some mistakes have been made in the past, with subscribers trying to install the wrong rom image version, so I wanted to check here first. Wink

My model is a 269+ running Mio Map v2.0. I assume the upgrade is just a drag-and-drop using Mio Transfer?

Thanks very much for your prompt reply.
Greyfox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CompufixUK:

It appears the flash upgrade may not be as simple to perform as I originally thought. I note your comments on the subject in another forum:

'The installation can be a bit scary but I have not heard of any failures, only wrongly-flashed units, which can be corrected.'

And

'As for foolproof, yes, again i agree but with regard to flashing the ROM image one mistake and bingo, a dud unit, hence the reason why they clearly state that ROM flashing is not covered in their warranty.'

I'd appreciate any advice you may have to offer.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: