Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Newbie memory limitations and maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie memory limitations and maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Newbie memory limitations and maps Reply with quote

Hi All,

I've just got hold of copilot 6 with a 256mb preloaded SD. But have yet to install it. Sorry if this has emerged before (i've been searching for ages) but if i want to upgrade to 1gig SD, to store several european countries for a tour, can i do this? Or am i stuck with just 256?

Secondly, can i customise the installation somehow, to get rid of the pocket speech - i figure that might save quite some space - and i can;t hear with a helmet on anyway 8)

Cheers for any help
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use any size SD card. When you transfer the data make sure no files are hidden by the Windows Explorer.

To change from Text-to-Speech to WAV files you will have to completely remove and reinstall CoPilot. Be aware that after that you will not have any more spoken street names.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Steve1948
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have looked for the answer to this really basic question but can't find it specifically.

Does the same apply to TomTom One SD cards? I.e. can I just go and buy a bigger card and copy all the files onto it?

The reaon I ask, is having just bought a TomTom One, I downloaded the latest software and was told to erase all but one of the voices, so the card must be pretty full. If I want to add speed camera data tot he card and maybe the voice prompts for that, I assume I'll need a larger SD card. But - can I just copy everything on the current card to a new (larger) one and expect it to work?

Thanks in advance for your help, Guyz! Smile

S.
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve1948 wrote:
I have looked for the answer to this really basic question but can't find it specifically.

Does the same apply to TomTom One SD cards? I.e. can I just go and buy a bigger card and copy all the files onto it?

The reaon I ask, is having just bought a TomTom One, I downloaded the latest software and was told to erase all but one of the voices, so the card must be pretty full. If I want to add speed camera data tot he card and maybe the voice prompts for that, I assume I'll need a larger SD card. But - can I just copy everything on the current card to a new (larger) one and expect it to work?

Thanks in advance for your help, Guyz! Smile

S.

Yes, that will work. However I would try to install the cameras first before you run out and buy a new card, it might work.

Keep the original card safe once you've created the copy.
Steve1948
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark.

I'll do that. Smile

S.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: