Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Please Help NEW Acer N35 With Destinator Lite.....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Help NEW Acer N35 With Destinator Lite.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
longdayslongnights
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Please Help NEW Acer N35 With Destinator Lite..... Reply with quote

Hey peeps i feel like a right but oh well i need help Sad Laughing Out Loud

i just brought the Acer N35 pda with Desinator lite installed etc.... now i thought yea i will see what i can do etc.... and i came on here and i have kinda read through alot of the forums etc... and i was just wondering can someone please send me a little info about how to use this programme properly Smile i dont really know what i am doing atm as i have only had it a near ummmm 2 hrs :S Laughing Out Loud atm when i put the gps on it says Signal Low, check antiena???? why is that, is that cos its new????

is there updates??? like anyone got patch for the speed cameras etc... i need like every update and everything as atm i still have the first version the pda comes with Sad

please help

longdayslongnights@hotmail.co.uk

Rob.
MikeyF
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Instructions Reply with quote

Check your email - Full instructions sent.

Mikey

longdayslongnights
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mate for reply, but unfortunatly i am in trouble still Sad where can i find the settings?? i know this sounds stupid but i dont have a clue what i am doing litterally Sad i have my destinator programme loaded etc.... but when i press on the screen 12 little boxes load up and none of them are like settings or anything Sad i need like a dummies dumy guide Sad please help guys Sad
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of Destinator Lite. Lets hope they haven't repackaged Destinator 3 again 8O

longdayslongnights, you need to be a little more specific. What is in these 12 little boxes?

I don't know destinator Lite but if its like most GPS programs you should see probably a welcome screen, possibly with 'accept' and 'decline' options. Once in you should get a map and your position should be highlighted by an arrow. If it has a cross on it then you haven't got a GPS fix.

Your product shuld have come with a manual. Obvious question but have you read it?
Holux GPSslim
MikeyF
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: help Reply with quote

I think Destinator lite is simply D3 without some of the accessories (like a AC charger)

I've sent you another email explaining a few things, but really the best way to learn is to just play with it. (That's what my dad said and I've been having fun for years. Laughing Out Loud)

Mikey

jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. Thats the AcerN35 Lite not Destinator lite. Penny just dropped. You're right. Its the N35 as normal but without some accesories. Thank god it isn't another incarnation of D3 :D
Holux GPSslim
longdayslongnights
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right still in a pickle Sad here is the low down i got a acer n35 LITE and it came with the Destinator Programme Destinator LITE NOT D3. i dont actually have a settings button ne where i have pressed every posible button and nothing Sad when i click on the screen as i am inside i have no signal etc... but wen i click on the screen i said 12 boxes came up but i counted wrong Laughing Out Loud only 9 come up.

Top 3 - Addresses, History, Cancel Route
Mid 3 - Home button, Day/Night, Directions
Bot 3 - GPS Status, About, Help/Upgrade

now before u say the obvious The help menu is absolutly Crap Laughing Out Loud no help what so ever :S all it does is tells me what is on my screen which is button to display the next turn, the compus icon, current gps arrown (The green one) the home button (To navigate home), The GPS Status, The power bar, and the little X to close the programme that litterally is the only things on my screen when i am in my gps. God this programme is too confusings Sad has anyone got like any sugestions? or even know where i can download tomtom for free or something??? Sad sorry to sound dumb Sad
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that sounds like you're in the menu. So when you click the cross in the corner it should take you back to the map screen. Is this the case?
Holux GPSslim
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or try using the address button to put in a destination and let us know what it does.
Holux GPSslim
longdayslongnights
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes when i click the cross it does take my back to the map. and when i put in a address it says calculating route please wait. then says drive carefully. but i dont really get any signal? it takes like hour example i got it yesterday and i drove from hastings to brighton in the uk like a hour there and back and it still had found nothing??? :S i swear there is ment to be like general settings aswell isnt there?
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK now we're getting somewhere. You're just not getting a GPS signal. Select the GPS status button and check your settings. i haven't got the ACER here so I can't tell you what they are for sure. but try page 29 on this link. http://csd.acer.com.tw/acer/URMUL1.NSF/1af87a750eeeb70f0825628f006e0bfc/b58a9da7d9369dfd4825700c0009f736/$FILE/Acer%20n35%20EN%20UG.pdf Appears to be port 8 with baud rate of 9600. Please please please tell me you've read the manual!!!

Also it's normal for a GPS to take a while to get a first fix when new. It can take up to 45mins so I'm told. But once done it should take a maximum of about 45 seconds. Set it up as above and leave it for a while (like half an hour) and check the status again in the GPS setup. Driving around trying to get a first fix makes it worse.

So, take a deep breath, put the kettle on, read the manual and try this. It might save you from spending twice as long here than reading the manual and stop you having to go beserk with the emoticons....... like.... Sorry, couldn't resist :-)
Holux GPSslim
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just to check you're not having a blonde moment, you have flipped out the GPS reciever haven't you? It doesn't work in the closed position and the left hand LED will flash blue to show its active when you open it.
Holux GPSslim
longdayslongnights
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok right... first off there is no manual??????? i have read the readme on the cd rom and the bits of paper that came with the acer n35 there is only a green sheet with like nothing helpfull on Laughing Out Loud and a acer booklet to activate ur gps which once again is useless... right

i have now put my gps on my window all switched on. clear as anything view of the sky.. and it is set on com 8 and baud 9600 even though i cant hear it still every like 5 mins its saying "signal to low check antiena" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr thing Laughing Out Loud

i shall update u in 45 mins / 1 hr on the outcome.
longdayslongnights
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok right...... 1. good i have finaly got a signal 6 sattalites etc.... so thats all good..... so now onto the next thing and i can tell this is going to be the really hard bit Sad how do i get this speed camera thing to work??? :P hehehehe cheers guys for the help appreciate it Smile

Rob.
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thats another story altogether. Basically you can either put cameras in as favourites 1 and 2 as part of destinators POI but its cr*p or you can use POI Observer or similar. But with all due respect, if you've had this much trouble getting this far, I wouldn't go down the POI Observer route. Your call.

In the interest of not repeating myself all over this forum, I recommend you make another cuppa and read through the Destinator forum here. There are numerous posts on the topic. But be warned: there is no truly easy way to get Destinator and Speed cameras working in harmony. If you are prepared to do some initial work then its a breeze from then on but there is no 2 minute solution that works well.
Holux GPSslim

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: