Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - charged overnight, now bluetooth light not flashing.....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

charged overnight, now bluetooth light not flashing.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumpmonkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: charged overnight, now bluetooth light not flashing..... Reply with quote

Bit strange, was working fine yesterday, now when I turn it on the sat link light flashes, but no blue bluetooth light! Can't connect to it via bluetooth either so it's not just a duff LED, must be the bluetooth system thats not activated.

Am I doing something stupid? Seems to be a bit of a past history of firmware bugs so I've taken the battery out and am gonna leave it overnight as per some previous advice.

Will post again if this doesn't work!
lumpmonkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: still not working...... Reply with quote

Sad
gps light comes on, then flashes as if it has a fix, but no bluetooth system!
anyone have any ideas? haven't had this more than a month so hopefully there is some warranty

cheers,

Andy
lumpmonkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: oops...... Reply with quote

sorry forgot to mention its the gpslim 236, serial no 236-53600592
tico24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly the same problem. Used it once - it worked fine. Charged it up and the bluetooth wouldn't work.
So i sent it back and got a replacement - still waiting for the replacement to turn up.

Did you by any chance charge it via your computer's USB cable? As apparently you're not supposed to do this, you have to use a special Holux cable.

It would be nice if I had be told somewhere in the user manual.
lumpmonkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: sending mine back too.... Reply with quote

Nope never tried to charge it through my pc, used the charger that came with it.
Seems like this could become a common problem then!
I'm returning mine to the company I bought it from. Tried through holux-uk but as I bought it from a "non approved retailer" they refused to deal with my problem through their online ticket system!
Bit worried about where I stand with the warranty situation, lucky it failed only a few weeks after i bought it.........
tico24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine failed after only 45 mins!

Received my replacement today, no problem at all. I can see why everyone says its such a wonderful receiver now.
cyberdude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's looking like mines failed too. My BT light flashes and I can pair it with my PPC device but I cannot get any GPS app to see the receiver on any of the coms ports I try. I've tried different PPC devices even hard resetting but no joy.

I am real bummed as I specifically purchased this for a trip I'm doing in the US and now it's not working. Sad
lumpmonkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: posted it back, fingers crossed........... Reply with quote

Shipped it back to the retailer i bought it from today. Hopefully will get a replacement (always paranoid one unlucky shake in the post will spontaneously fix the problem!).
It'll go on charge as soon as i recieve it! Will post again with a verdict Wink
lumpmonkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Got a replacement one.... Reply with quote

So far so good its working! Stuck it on charge as soon as I opened the box, as yet unable to reproduce the fault I had with the last one.
Fingers crossed......

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: