Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - globalSat would not talk to TomTom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

globalSat would not talk to TomTom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
satya
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: globalSat would not talk to TomTom Reply with quote

Hi there, I am sure that I have missed some setting some where.
, but I just could't get global Sat to talk to TomTom.

Everythings latest (I Think)(tom tom 2.x, pocket pc 2003).

I got the bluetooth bonding established between Globalsat and Ipaq 2210. The gps Info application supplied with GlobalSat is showing atleast four satalites fixes and text box is getting some info back.
I set the port to be com8 and baud rate to 38400. However when I try to go to Tom tom GPS, it is not doing any thing.
I could not see the dotted lines between the little satellite icon and mini ipaq.It is a grayed screen I could get.
every thing seems to be O.K. Both Instruments has blue tooth light blinking and globalsat is showing a blinking green light indicating it got fix.
I invanely tried various differnt baud rate and port settings on tomtom set up.
I have used the software came along with tomtom. do I have to have latest drivers from TomTom for pocket PC 2003?

any other things Am I missing?. I am now getting frustated now and thinking to go back to non blue tooth option.

Please can some one respond?
chapsworth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at the Memory Map forum and the topic 'Tomtom Bluetooth GPS with MemoryMap Navigator'.

This may help......
Simon
Stevie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand correctly you are running the GPS programme that comes with the Globalsat and then trying to use TT at the same time.

Only one program can use the com port at anyone time so stop the Globalsat one and then TT should be able to grab the port and the little dots should go active.
satya
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stevie,
you are right. How ever I tried staring every thing afresh and still couln't get GPS signal working. not once. TT never said there is a port conflict.

Is there a standerd sequence to start / bond them?

Satya
chapsworth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn the BT on, switch on the Globalsat and start the app. That's all I do with MemoryMap so I expect it to be the same for TTN2.

Simon
Stevie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the TT2 gps connection screen is the box checked and are the little dots animated? It will be animated even if the gps unit is switched off, the dots will be light grey.

If the 2210 is like the 3970 (which I have) there should be a light indicating bluetooth activity and when it bonds the gps dots will become bold.

It's easy when you are new to inadvertently change a setting either in the bonding or the driver and sit there waiting for it to work and nothing happens.

I switch my gps on so it can start to get a fix, then switch on the Ipaq and activate the bluetooth. I get a little event sound letting me know the units have bonded and the sattelite fix has been made.
satya
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys. I resolved the problem. I called global positioning systems guys and they told me set the it to NMEA bluetooth and port to com8. It is working then.
How ever I problem installing TomTom navigation s/w, which I am posting in other forum.

Thanks again for the concern.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: