Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Advanced Routing options
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Advanced Routing options

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KenS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Advanced Routing options Reply with quote

Some things to be careful of when creating your own profiles on PPC using the Advanced option.
Unlike the desktop version the PPC does not differentiate between urban and non-urban roads. When you change settings on the PPC they new speeds are applied to both urban and non-urban equally. This will lead to strange journey time estimates.
Secondly, there is a bug which causes the "local roads" speed setting to be set to 15mph even if you nominate 10mph on the screen.
Thirdly. a reminder that even though the road type says "dual carriageway" it is really "A roads" whether dual or single carriageway. So set sets accordingly.

HP iPAQ h2210 ROM 1.10.07 ENG
Windows CE 4.20
Sandisk Ultra II SD 512Mb
Haicom 303MMF and BT-401 slipper
Copilot Live 6.0.0.68
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

using a custom routing set on smartphone seams to work ok it holds the speeds and settings fine for me seams strange that the ppc version should behave that way when smart phone holds the settings when youve set the speeds and set up the profile try exiting and then restarting cp6

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
KenS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going by what I see in the file that holds the custom settings and it does not change after restarting. On screen it says 10mph but the value in the file says 0F (hex) which even without a hex calculator I know is 15 mph. All the other road types have the correct hex value according to what is displayed on the screen.

HP iPAQ h2210 ROM 1.10.07 ENG
Windows CE 4.20
Sandisk Ultra II SD 512Mb
Haicom 303MMF and BT-401 slipper
Copilot Live 6.0.0.68
H_O_D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Failing to save Advanced Routing settings Reply with quote

I'm running CoPilot 6 on an i-mate K-JAM (AKA MDA-Vario) and am having problems with advanced routing.

Basically I've managed to create 4 separate profiles but ALL of them still show as the default settings. Even changing just one item (like avoid toll roads) and pressing OK, simply goes back to the main page with the setting unchanged. What am I doing wrong? All I really want to do is tailor a setting to give more bias towards motorways and dual carriageways than A roads.

H E L P ! Embarassed
TrevorFowler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H_O_D

I used to have a similar problem. I run CP6 on an iPAQ H3970 and Windows 2003.

I also had the ETA problem described elsewhere on this forum where the ETA was calculated assuming a road speed of 1mph for all road types.
Fixing that problem involved deleting files and letting the CP6 re-create them. It also seemed to fix the problem where advanced preferences were not retained. So, I would give that a try (see other threads for details).

However, I am failing to find that defining and invoking different profiles is making any difference to the calculated route and the estimated journey times. In addition to my two realistic profiles (car and truck), I have also experimented with profiles that use the top and bottom speeds and one that strongly avoids fast roads. All give the same result, both in journey time and the selection of roads to use.

BTW, I have noticed that the horrible ABC "fat finger" keyboard has now been added to to the list of input options for the PPC. I would like CP6 to use the standard one, and have got hold of a pocket PC registry editor in the hope that I can find out whether there is any way to "disable" the ABC keyboard - even if it means deleting (or renaming) a .DLL file or something.

Trevor
H_O_D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been told today that there is a known issue with Copilot 6 and the saving of advanced routing profiles. However there is a patch due to fix this.

The fact that I'm probably taking my whole setup (handset/GPS etc) BACK to T-mobile after they have CONTINUOUSLY failed to get me a working SIM/contract/handset over the past week and a half is another story!

Exasperated? ME? ;)
A636
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a bug with CP6, just my luck, and KenS gives a work around in his post, that deletes 2 files in the save folder and fixes it, see
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=33183&start=0

But the Copilot help line told me to delete the whole SAVE folder on the SD card. /copilot/save

ASUS Mypal A636 GPS PDA: ROM v03.0547.00
Windows Mobile v5.1.70 (build:14402.1.1.0)
SiRF III chip on-board
Copilot Live v6.0.0.41

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: