Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which package should I go for?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which package should I go for?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caspartfg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Which package should I go for? Reply with quote

Having looked at all the reviews, I still cann't come to a clear decision as to what pocket PC navigation solution I should go for. Top of my list is: -

an IPAQ H2210 - as it's a newer model

Tomtom navigator 2 - gets the best writeup, but I would use it in Cornwall as well as SE England

128Mb SD Card for the maps.

Given i'm fairly new to this, I would REALLY appriciate any suggestions, comments on this.....
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Which package should I go for? Reply with quote

The 2210 has a great form factore, it's light and although it has a slightly smaller screen compared with other iPAQ's, you really don't notice much of a difference.

TomTom Navigator 2 is a popular choice, it depends on what you want out of the application. Maps are obviously important. Cornwall is better than TTN1, but there are still some problems I believe. TomTom interfaces with other external Points Of Interest well, and especially our speed camera, CoPilot also does this well.
caspartfg
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the reply Dave,

I think i'm now set on the 2210 as the PDA.

Given that I don't have any existing kit, i'm torn between Tomtom( + GPS) or the Navman GPS(3450).......

I realise this must have been aksed before, but is there a clear winner between TTN2 and SmartST (or is it just down to personal preference)? - in car use only

My gut feeling is that TTN2 has the bigger following and apparently more updates, thus making it the one to go for?

Can I be very cheeky asd ask what you use for day-to-day use?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Personal preference really. Navman use NavTech maps which are more accurate as opposed to TomTom using TeleAtlas. TomTom has more scope in adding customisable POI's and our Speed Camera Database. If you go for the 2210, you won't be able to go for the Navman 3xxx series packages as the sleeve won't fit, you would need to go for the Bluetooth 4400 version.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: