Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help needed with rom version
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed with rom version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stillo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Help needed with rom version Reply with quote

I have been having problems with tom tom 2 and my ipaq 3950 and reading the info on these forums it would seem that there is a fix for this problem but you have to have rom version 1.11 i currently have 1.10 If i upgrade the rom to 1.11 will i lose all the programmes that are on my ppc thanks in advance .

Cheers Stillo
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Help needed with rom version Reply with quote

Yes, unfortunately you will lose all the programs that are currently on your PocketPC, because it is highly recommended to do a hard reset after each ROM upgrade. On the positive side the installation routines for most of your programs are still in the ActiveSync Add/Remove Programs section - so reinstalling everything shouldn't take longer than 10 Minutes.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

You might just get away without a hard reset going from 1.10 to 1.11. 1.11 was a re-release of 1.10 to fix a nasty problem - in many cases, 1.10 forces the iPAQ's processor to run at 300MHz, not 400MHz.

The ROM for the 3970/3975 didn't have this bug - which is why there's no 2.11. There was a fix produced for the 1.10 ROM that worked round this fault - but you will need to upgrade to 1.11 to install the SD driver fix.

Even though you might get away without one, a hard reset does come recommended nevertheless. It's also been reported that it's better if you carry out the ROM upgrade with any SD card removed.

As Lutz says, the majority of your programs will be waiting in ActiveSync's "Add/Remove Programs" waiting to be reinstalled, and much of your data will find its way back onto your iPAQ when you delete your old partnership (File -> Delete Partnership in recent versions of ActiveSync) and create a new one.

However, you're advised to make a copy of your user data before the hard reset - this process won't recover much of what is in \My Documents, including your TomTom Navigator settings (presuming you're using 2.22 or 2.24). Only if you're synchronising files in ActiveSync will this data be on your desktop machine in a form that you could reinstall.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: