Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot 6 on T-Mobile MDA Campact II Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot 6 on T-Mobile MDA Campact II Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guydjemal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: CoPilot 6 on T-Mobile MDA Campact II Problems Reply with quote

Hi all,

this is my first post but the site looks like an excellent so far.

I've just got my first PDA phone, TMobile MDA II Compact II bundled with CoPilot 6. So far so good, however I am having a few issues. I'm a newbie to both GPS and PPC so perhaps my expectations are what need alignment ;-)

1) The CoPilot Bluetooth GPS is found by CoPilot ok, however whenever I restart CoPilot it fails to detect a GPS signal unless I do another Setup GPS. This problem is consistant

2) When I add favourites or save Home/Work locations these are forgotton between restarting CoPilot. In fact I saved a trip and this was not available to be retrieved either.

3) Am I supposed to keep Co-Pilot running all the time, surely not. How do I minimize it

I've tried doing a soft reset but seems to make no difference.

Thanks,
Guy.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guydjemal, you need to close Copilot from the menu using Quit Copilot|Yes? Not doing so stops Copilot saving Favourites and any changes you made to the settings during a session. I believe that includes the bluetooth setup.

Alternatively, lack of resources might prevent the items from being saved, so check whether too many other programmes are running in the background. Use Start|Settings|System|
Memory|Running Programs. Also make sure you are using a large enough storage card.

I don't know if the answer is included above, but it is worth a try.

Smile
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
guydjemal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the answer. I actually don't know any other way to quit Copilot, so yes I am quitting CoPilot as you described. Still a newbie to PPC you see.

As for memory :
Main - Storage: 28.27MB free
Main - Program: 25.60MB free
Storage Card - (256) 83.72MB free

This is as reported before I run CoPilot. I have not been running any other programs as the same time.

I installed CoPilot onto the device rather than the storage card, could this be the cause of my problems?
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer is that I don't know as I have it installed to storage card. However, you have around 13meg less storage memory than I have left with CP 6 loaded, bluetooth connected and a small route calculated. It therefore seems worth re-installing to see what happens. Maybe you can first try altering the proportions of Program and Strorage memory as a test.

Another thing worth mentioning is that, on my hardware, I sometimes have to connect via the OS BT manager to get the GPS receiver connencted on a re-connection as CP won't always pick it up on its own under those circumstances. In some cases, I have to turn BToff then on to get a connection, so BT is not always reliable until I get it running.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to make a swift retraction of the above, having misread the memory figures on my PPC. Unless you have done the same, you actually have 10meg MORE programme memory than I do.
BMWBiker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy,
It sounds like you have checked the 3 main causes of "loss of favorites", in main memory, SD memory, and normal exit from CP via the menu button. So I am stumped.

I'll repeat myself (since you are new), that your SD card memory can be used up gradually by the automatic accumulation of GPSTracks files in \Storage\MyDocuments\GpsTracks. But I doubt this is relevant at the moment for you. In my case this was the cause of losing favorites.

Have you read the nearby thread "Problem saving advanced routing" (or something like that)?.

There it is determined that version 6.0.0.68 has a known bug in saving "preferences" such as Advanced Routing. This may or may not be related to the loss of favorites. They are stored in separate files.

What is your CoPilot version?
Navman sleeve (3400)
Blue Tooth GPS
guydjemal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fresh out of the box on Friday CoPilot 6.0.0.68 with a TMobile MDA Compact II reporting:
ROM version: 1.12.2.23 WWE
ROM Date: 11/14/05
Radio Version: 01.12.20
Protocl Version: 4.0.13.23
ExtROM version: 1.12.02.110

The only extra thing installed is CoPilot.

I tried uninstalling CoPilot and then installing on the SD card, this did not work. It keeping wanting to do a restart before it had finished installing. As such CoPilot never completes the install. In the end I just reinstalled it on the device again Crying or Very sad
guydjemal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed School boy error!

The write protect was enabled on the mini SD holder that shipped with the CoPilot SD card. That being the route of my problems.

Of course it would help if CoPilot warned that it could not save the settings.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: