Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No Speed Camera Alerts on Mio.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No Speed Camera Alerts on Mio.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iankb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PONDEROUS wrote:
I have tried it with speed cameras, and at least I can report that I don't get double warnings (except presumably where cameras are positioned inaccurately).

When you go into Custom POI types to either display or set alerts for each type, the two different versions are listed by filename. Therefore, as you say, only selecting one will prevent either display or alert duplicates. My wish was 1) to avoid accidentally selecting both ones or the wrong one, and 2) avoid the overhead of having old versions lying around which would increase the size of the POI database, whether they were enabled or not.

Quote:
Nevertheless, I think that it is already clear from the forum that having two POI download methods is a source of confusion.

I agree. It's why I didn't even realise that the desktop supports the OV2 method. Also, you still have to go into the extremely slow (and getting slower) Custom Place Manager to delete a sub-section of the database, when you should just be able to select a category to delete. However, you can probably create an empty OV2 file with the appropriate name and use that to delete an erroneously-imported category.

iPaq 2210
Globalsat BT-338
Seidio G2500 Amplified Vent Mount
CoPilot 6, GPS Tuner 4.2, Navio 3.01
BMW 330ci Sport
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iankb writes:

Quote:
When you go into Custom POI types to either display or set alerts for each type, the two different versions are listed by filename.

Thanks! I hadn't realised that. Thereis some logic to it after all.

It's a funny old setup, though and the sooner they go for OV2 alone, the better.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PONDEROUS wrote:
It's a funny old setup, though and the sooner they go for OV2 alone, the better.

Hopefully, we will have instructions for OV2 usage and maintenance first. The current User Guide does not include a single reference to them.

For people like me who have no experience with OV2, this is quite a problem. Hopefully someone will write a comprehensive guide.

From a personal viewpoint, I hope that the old method is retained, until we are sure that the OV2 implementation is superior in all respects.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: