Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - deleting a camera on tt one..... but never
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

deleting a camera on tt one..... but never

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: deleting a camera on tt one..... but never Reply with quote

theres a gatso near my house that is no longer working ,,,, went ino poi and deleted the specific camera... no longer shows on list . but when i drive past it it stiol gives the warning etc

mmmm Question
soulman_lost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not an expert but I think you can't delete it as a specific POI I think you may have deleted a category.

I think you have to email pocketworldgps to let them know its not there anymore and they update the database.

Not 100% anyone feel free to correct me Question
MELennium
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

foxyuk wrote

Quote:
theres a gatso near my house that is no longer working ,,,, went ino poi and deleted the specific camera... no longer shows on list . but when i drive past it it stiol gives the warning etc

I believe if you use a program called Garmin POI EDIT, you can convert the particular ov2 file to a csv file on your pc where you can then open it in Excel. You can then find the camera from the Longitude & Latitude reading & delete this camera. Convert your edited csv file back to ov2 file then load back on your Tom Tom. The only thing is if you don't notify PGPSW of this camera error, when you update the next camera database you will have to keep editing this camera.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxyuk:
Don't know what system you are using, but if it is a GO, there is no reason why you cannot simply delete a single camera location from a POI category. Sounds like you have done the right thing, but maybe you have accidentally installed both the speed-zoned camera database AND the all-in-one version, so the camera is still showing from the other one?

Incidentally, don't forget to report any errors to the camera guys at Cameras@PocketGPSWorld.com
They depend on us users to supply the details, and I think its the least we can do!

MELennium:
There's DEFINITELY no need to go through all that rigmarole to delete a camera! You can do it on the GO, easily...
Just find the camera position in "Browse map", and tap it to find what number it is.
Then in Change preferences / Manage POI / Delete POI , go to the relevant category ("pocketgps uk gatso 50" or similar) and scroll through the list then tap to delete it. The entries are in order of distance from where you are now, or you can use the keyboard symbol at the bottom to enter the number to find it.
foxyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys its a tom tom one.... its definately deleted as its not listed in my gats 40mph fixed cameras database.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...
1) Are you absolutely sure you haven't also got the all-in-one version or the "all gatsos" versions installed as well?

2) When you go to "Browse Map" does it show up there? And if so, what is it called when you tap on it?
foxyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorted it was in under gatso and gatso 40
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're sorted... Smile
Don't forget, you don't need to have the "pocketgps_uk_sc.ov2", "pocketgps_uk_gatso.ov2" or "pocketgps_uk_mobile.ov2" files in there at all if you have all of the speed-zoned set installed, or you will have the same problem again.
foxyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Laughing
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: deleting a camera on tt one..... but never Reply with quote

Hi foxyuk,

foxyuk wrote:
theres a gatso near my house that is no longer working ,,,, went ino poi and deleted the specific camera... no longer shows on list . but when i drive past it it stiol gives the warning etc?

Could you make a note of the PocketGPSWorld number of the Gatso (and its associated speed limit) and send that information with a quick note saying that the camera has been removed?

The email address is:
Cameras [at] PocketGPSWorld [dot] com

If you don’t let our Camera Database Administrator (Oldie) know, then the next time that you load the database, that Gatso will reappear. Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
foxyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a few will post them tommorow
BrianI
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Gatso is still physically there, and just happens not to be working, it should not be deleted from the database. They may get it working one day. Better to have too many alarms than not enough.
Incidentally, how do you test whether they are working or not...drive past at high speed?

Brian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: