Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How much space do maps consume?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How much space do maps consume?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobHerman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: How much space do maps consume? Reply with quote

1. Anybody know how much space all the United States maps consume on an SD card for TomTom Navigator 5?

2. Anyway to download the s/w and just one map for testing before making the large investment?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. about 930 MB

2. nope, no test drive with TomTom's

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
DLCPhoto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz provided the information you needed.

When I was in the same position, I contacted TigerGPS, who offered the software a little cheaper than other dealers. They have a 60-day return policy, with a 15% restocking fee, so you can try it out, and at worst lose only a little bit of money.

That said, and despite TomTom's extremely poor tech support and customer service, I have been very pleased with the software and maps (I'm also in the U.S.). In many respects, I even like it better than the GPS system built-in to my Nissan Maxima.

Good luck!
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLCPhoto wrote:

When I was in the same position, I contacted TigerGPS, who offered the software a little cheaper than other dealers. They have a 60-day return policy, with a 15% restocking fee, so you can try it out, and at worst lose only a little bit of money.

That said, and despite TomTom's extremely poor tech support and customer service, I have been very pleased with the software and maps (I'm also in the U.S.). In many respects, I even like it better than the GPS system built-in to my Nissan Maxima.

Good luck!

But if you activate those maps on your device there is no way they can re-sell them!
DLCPhoto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkHewitt wrote:
DLCPhoto wrote:

Good luck!

But if you activate those maps on your device there is no way they can re-sell them!

I understand your point, Mark. All I can say is that I contacted TigerGPS specifically about returning TTN5 if I wasn't satisfied with it, and I have a reply, in writing, indicating a no-cost exchange, 5% restocking fee for defective item, 10% restocking fee for a non-defective item. And this is in response to an email specifically inquiring about returning TTN5.

So if what you say is true, it is their problem, not mine. I would just expect them to honor what they told me, in writing.

And as indicated in my post, though, I am quite pleased with TTN5, and suspect the original poster will be as well, so it might be a moot point to some degree.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: