Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - hi all please help a beginner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

hi all please help a beginner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Hi I have a Garmin c310 and have registered and comleted the safety camara download, but I have some questions, when entering a 30mph zone and a camara is detected why does it show Speed Alert 19mph, in a 40mph zone it show Speed Alert 27mph, on a duel carrige way in a 60mph zone it shows 47mph?, I do not understand why, also on the A449 it shows the camara sign on the map and give the Alert at 47mph in an area were there are not camara's and could not be one as the trees come up to the edge of the road.

could some one please answer these questions

D Robinson
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With reference to the variance of Speed Indication, when you Load the Maps to the Device, with POILoader, make sure that you have set the Units to MPH and not left it at KPH.;)

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
deco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Thanks for the reply but I am still not happy, my unit is set to mph and I still have a problem, so what is wrong with the system it works great apart from the incorrect speed warning! is there any more information you can add to resolve my concerns.

Cheers deco
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deco wrote:
Sad Thanks for the reply but I am still not happy, my unit is set to mph and I still have a problem, so what is wrong with the system it works great apart from the incorrect speed warning! is there any more information you can add to resolve my concerns.

Cheers deco
I believe there is a setting within POILoader, rather than on the device, that you have to set to MPH (default seems to be KPH). This question is asked almost daily, so a quick search should get you the correct details.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reload your POI files with POI Loader, directly under the dialogue box where you point the loader application to the folder containing the POI files is a drop down box, use this to specify MPH (by default it is set to KPH - hence the level of confusion in the UK), it would help if the POILoader could be set to default to the UK standard as part of a set-up toolset within the application, sadly you have to remember this setting each and every time you load POI files - Mike
DomScott
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Please Help Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've searched high and low for the actual download files and cant find them. I have visited http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php coutless times and been directed here there and everywhere, but nowhere are the downloads. Please help.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a current subscription to the site? without this you will not gain entry to the members area of the site which is where you will find the camera files for download. Cost is either £2 per month or £19 for the year - Mike
DomScott
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have a current subscription - I jst can't find a link!!

TVM

Dom
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URL you posted above IS the download page. If you aren't seeing "Downloading the Database..." six inches down the page, it means your subscription hasn't gone through (yet). Apparently, if you paid by PayPal "Nochex" it takes several days to clear, and if it hasn't, you just get bounced back to the subscription page. Is that what is happening to you?

Webite admin - It confuses a lot of people that it just keeps returning to the subscription page, rather than the actual download page. Is there anyway that, if people can't get in, you could make the difference more obvious on that webpage?
It seems they just get the subscribe page, couldn't there be a blank page that just says "This download page is for members only. If you have arrived here there is a problem with your account or it has not been activated yet" or words to that effect?
jrush
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: nav man n40i Reply with quote

Hi there i cannot work out how to import the camera data to the n40i

i have downloaded the zip file for navman but it does not contain the .csv file?
halo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Auto update for database split bu speed (Navman 530) Reply with quote

Hi there I have a Navman 530 & installed the camera database using the single file source. Is there a simplified or auto update way of doing this. I'd like to use the database split by speed, but as you have to upload each file separately it takes some time.

cheers
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately that's the only way to Load the Navman.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
abel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: speed cam database question Reply with quote

hi!
im using navman icn520, and i just dowloaded new version of speedcam database,everythin is fine but the only thing that i need to know is do i have to save in to my device all the files individually?like for example GATSO:1@40,GATSO:10@50 and so on and so forth. i bought my satnav preloaded with speed camera database so i just need latest updates of speed cameras.
please help thanx!
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: speed cam database question Reply with quote

abel wrote:
hi!
im using navman icn520, and i just dowloaded new version of speedcam database,everythin is fine but the only thing that i need to know is do i have to save in to my device all the files individually?like for example GATSO:1@40,GATSO:10@50 and so on and so forth. i bought my satnav preloaded with speed camera database so i just need latest updates of speed cameras.
please help thanx!
Welcome to the forums!
If I remember correctly, you use the Navman software to upload the files to the device. That is, all the cameras in one group (e.g. all Gatso@50) rather than the individual cameras.
[Hint] Please don't TRIPLE post. [/Hint]

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
abel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: follow up question Reply with quote

thanx for the reply but i still dont get it.
i have already speed cameras downloaded to my device but i only have to update it coz its been 3 months since the last update. shall i save the file one by one?if so is there any way to find out what is already in my device so as to save time?
thanx!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14

Jump to: