Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - T3 bluetooth file help please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

T3 bluetooth file help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dclowes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: T3 bluetooth file help please Reply with quote

silly request I know and not really for this forum, but I am an avid user of my T3 and I have tomtom 5.12 installed on my palm (despite the occasional crash) and there seem to be a few nice T3 users here who may help me out :D

I have a problem by my own making and as a result I need some help to fix it -- can someone please email me a copy of their bluetooth prc file for the Tungsten T3. You will need to copy if from the local memory to the SD card and then to the pc so it can be emailed.

BtCommVdrv.prc

I overwrote my original one trying to get my to get my 6230 phone working, but now I have changed phones I need the old one back as there are some connectivity issues (and a hard reset hasnt replaced it )

Please can someone email it to me at dynamite@mibclan.net

thanks in advance
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one of those 'nice T3 users'...I think Wink

If a hard reset (wipe all the data) doesn't restore the file then you must have been doing some serious tampering with Jacksprat/Jackflash or something...the file is in ROM and should therefore be pretty well un-deletable. Just how 'avid' a user have you been?Wink

What you might have done is saved another one in RAM with the same name? If you have and it has a later version number, Palm OS will use this in preference to the ROM version, but the ROM version is still there - just delete the RAM version and you're back to the original.

I have a T5 version of the file on my T3 - this solved the SMS/dialling issues with my 6230 which Palm claimed would not work on the T3 - well it works just fine for me using the T5 BtcommVdrv.prc file and the 6210 driver. Laughing

Check out this site - you might find something useful in there...

http://micke.hallendal.net/archives/2004/11/on_nokia_6230_a_1.html
dclowes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info - it hadnt occured to me that the newer version wouldnt be deleted - I thought a hard reset erased everything except from the procected system files.

The bluetoth T5 worked fine for me but I lost some of the functionality of my GPRS connection which resulted in me not being able to get my emails properly.

Your fix worked 100% --- for which I am eternally grateful.

thanks you to another "nice" T3 user :D

where do I sent the money? 8) 8) 8)
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I could help Smile

Suggest you put the money in your 'saving for a Lifedrive2...hopefully' pot - I assume you, like me, are sticking with the trusty T3 until something comes along that is actually worthy of the upgrade...
dclowes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe -- the T3 is a great piece of kit. Its like a third arm for me now - my only gripes are that I get the odd crash with the new version of TomTom for palm (5.12), and the bluetooth signal is particularly weak.

Other than that its flawless.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: