Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cannot Connect dialogue box keeps popping up whil navigating
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot Connect dialogue box keeps popping up whil navigating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robincsco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Cannot Connect dialogue box keeps popping up whil navigating Reply with quote

The box I'm talking about is the one that comes up if you are trying to connect to say the internet from PPC and you do not have the appropriate connectivity settings configured.

However: I do have it all configured, I am not trying to connect and it only ever does it while running TomTom Navigator driving and navigation. Very annoying as it is a modal box which means everything stops until you hit "OK"

I thought I had spotted a trigger when it did it today as it popped up just after a POI was passed... may have been coincidence though. I'm windering if its trying to connect to one of the online services, which by the way I do not subscribe to or have configured?

Anyone else have this or know could be please
Fredx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem which started after I added some other software to my 4700.

I found the problem was nothing to do with TomTom, but that the software had changed a setting in ActiveSync...unchecking "Use mobile schedule to sync with this PC" in the options solved the problem.

Hope this helps you too!
paulbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah - a similar problem to mine. I use Traffic a lot, which needs the GPRS connection. However, when crossing country borders (I drive a lot in Europe), and even in this country, the GPRS drops out and can't re-establish itself (perhaps because of lack of service coverage, or cell congestion). I'd like a way to be able to hide the pop-up box, so the connection 'just happens'.

I know it's not a TT problem, but that's where I notice it most. Anybody got any solutions?

Regards
Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: