Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Nav 5 "forgot" my favourites
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Nav 5 "forgot" my favourites
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_mike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: TomTom Nav 5 "forgot" my favourites Reply with quote

TomTom Nav 5 "forgot" my favourites, any idea what caused it and how I might avoid it in future? Running on a MDA compact.

TIA
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obvious question but is your SD card write protected?
big_mike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SD isn't write protected. Was working fine for about 2 months and then all of a sudden "forgot"
schneid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Not the answer you are looking for Reply with quote

but I convert all my favorites to POIs allowing me to backup the .ov2 files. I just use favorites as as temporary storage area.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi big_mike,

Have a look at this thread, it may help! Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
big_mike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys but no joy. Have checked the cfg file and it isn't write protected.

I guess it either got to warm or cold in my pocket or maybe I deleted something important removing some of the crappy media players from it.

It's stable again now '(but there again it was up until it lost it all) Would I have lost the favorites if the backup battery went flat??

Thanks again
MGTF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had the same issue on my IPAQ5550 with TT5. Luckily i had a recent copy of the .cfg file on my PC to restore. (All my favorites are also saved as POI's but its easier i find to navigate to a favorite)
Skids
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a long running email argument with TomTom over this and they have tried to blame everything but their software!

They have said it is the speed of the SD card isn't fast enough although the problem also happens on the supplied SD card.

They have said it is due to lack of space on the SD card although I have a 512Mb card with over 300Mb free.

Their latest 'solution' was to hard reset and install the 5.21 version but don't put custom POIs on. Although I have pointed out that it also loses the settings without custom POIs installed! (Also if they produce a product that allows custom POIs they should make sure it works with them)

I am now awaiting to see what they blame next.
big_mike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realised at the weekend that TT has forgotten about the speed cameras also (or maybe the warnings have vanished?) Could I have performed a hard reset by accident? Would that have removed favorites and settings?
daern
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
Their latest 'solution' was to hard reset and install the 5.21 version but don't put custom POIs on. Although I have pointed out that it also loses the settings without custom POIs installed! (Also if they produce a product that allows custom POIs they should make sure it works with them

Did the 5.21 update fix this, BTW. I've seen this on different combinations of SD cards and PDA, but most often on an XDAIIs and a viking 1GB (not high speed) SD card.
Skids
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daern wrote:
Skids wrote:
Their latest 'solution' was to hard reset and install the 5.21 version but don't put custom POIs on. Although I have pointed out that it also loses the settings without custom POIs installed! (Also if they produce a product that allows custom POIs they should make sure it works with them

Did the 5.21 update fix this, BTW. I've seen this on different combinations of SD cards and PDA, but most often on an XDAIIs and a viking 1GB (not high speed) SD card.

While it is working I don't want to put a patch on that might cause more problems.

I have had another reply back from TomTom who said they are not aware of anyone else but me who is encountering this problem (even though I told them a colleague at work has it!) so can I ask that you and anyone else with the same problem contact TomTom so that they can see it is a problem and they need to do something about it.
daern
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
I have had another reply back from TomTom who said they are not aware of anyone else but me who is encountering this problem (even though I told them a colleague at work has it!) so can I ask that you and anyone else with the same problem contact TomTom so that they can see it is a problem and they need to do something about it.

Lying little scrotes!

I reported this 2 months ago and was fobbed off with stuff about SD cards. Noone else indeed!
Skids
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daern.

Please could I ask that you get back to them and tell them this. Please feel free to mention my name (Darren Skidmore) (I am sure they will remember me!)

I will do the same if you let me know your full name (pm me if you wish) and are happy for me to do so.

Maybe this will get them to look into it a bit more even though I don't think they are really interested.
JohnMcG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:

HAH!! I have also reported this problem within the past 1/2 months, and I NEVER got a satisfactory response.

It also forgets POI alerts, my home location, and a few other things..
JohnMcG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS. They blamed it on the fact I dont always go to exit before turning off the PDA..

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: