Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Windows Media Player
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows Media Player
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theendisnye
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Windows Media Player Reply with quote

I prefer Checkpoint v 2.2 which is a free download and does exactly what I want. It allows me to warn of impending POIs and to add POIs as I drive along the road.

Yes mine was for an older 32Mb RAM IPAQ.

Steve
Chorlie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Windows Media Player Reply with quote

Thanks guys,

I think it's more on the lines of what David has stated. Windows Media Player is within the ROM, thats why I just re-set my Axim (by removing both batteries) to the factory setting and Media Player was there and working.

It was only when I download the GPS Assist that the Media Player stopped responding, its like some files for it have been deleted.

So is there a fix for this problem & does POI-Warner have the same problem?

Also which is better GPS Assist or POI-Warner?

DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Steve - can I ask which model iPAQ you use?

You appear to be talking about an older model iPAQ with 16MB of ROM, which, when upgraded to Pocket PC 2002 does not have Windows Media Player in ROM (Pocket PC 2002 Professional).

Chorlie's Axim is a different case. It has enough ROM for Pocket PC 2002 Premium, which has Windows Media Player in ROM.

I suspect that his issue is the reported invasiveness of GPSAssist (sufficient to stop me from even bothering to evaluate the current version). Supposedly it drops a whole load of bits and pieces in the \Windows folder, which is probably interfering with Windows Media Player.

Unfortunately I can't help with an answer - all I'm trying to do is help sort out possible answers.

David
theendisnye
Regular Visitor

It sounds like a problem I had which I sorted out by looking at the PocketPCPassion web site although I can't find the article now. I kept a copy of the instructions and the file mentioned, for my IPAQ. I believe you have to interrupt the install to find the file mentioned below. The problem was where Windows Media Player doesn't exist in ROM (in my case I upgraded to PPC2002)

Copy that wolf.arm.cab file to your iPAQ.

Once it's on the iPAQ remove the iPAQ from the cradle and navigate to the folder where you copied that file to.

Double-click it - when the installer is complete, soft-reset the iPAQ.

You now have Windows Media Player installed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: