Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 5 PocketPC v5.21 and PalmPC v5.201 Updates Released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 5 PocketPC v5.21 and PalmPC v5.201 Updates Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RicoBunyon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RicoBunyon wrote:
Anyone got problems with Fatal Exceptions after applying the upgrade? ...Palm Tungsten T5.

Just in case anyone looks at this later as needs the answer: the trick appears to be to delete the application first. I updated the SD Card with the upgrade, then removed the card, deleted the Navigator application and inserted the card back in. So far it's been working.

Thanks to another forum member who suggested this, and TomTom support who got back to me in 1 working day and suggested the same.
TuurG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RicoBunyon wrote:
RicoBunyon wrote:
Anyone got problems with Fatal Exceptions after applying the upgrade? ...Palm Tungsten T5.

Just in case anyone looks at this later as needs the answer: the trick appears to be to delete the application first. I updated the SD Card with the upgrade, then removed the card, deleted the Navigator application and inserted the card back in. So far it's been working.

Thanks to another forum member who suggested this, and TomTom support who got back to me in 1 working day and suggested the same.

This problem could be caused if your previous version was installed in a different location then the update (e.g. 5.0/5.12 on the SD, and update 5.21 on T5's internal card). Either install to same location or remove the old app.
StuBee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: 5.2 for US? Reply with quote

Anyone know why TomTom has the navigator 5.2x upgrade listed on the UK page for the Palm....
http://www.tomtom.com/support/support.php?ID=3

But not the US page (switch in the top right corner)

Anyone in the US try it?

thanks
ps. I've sent a question to tomtom support on this too.
StuBee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and installed the 5.2x update eventhough it's not listed on the US page...it worked fine.
I'm guessing it's just one of many bugs/oversights on the TomTom website.
cageordie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 5.2 for US? Reply with quote

StuBee wrote:
Anyone in the US try it?

I am using 5.210 (5430) on a Dell X51v with WM5 in full VGA mode.

It works as advertised, but to be honest it's far from perfect, routing is often strange and estimated trip times are sometimes more than twice actual times. Mapping is often years out of date, in my 50 mile drive to work I come to three problem areas and parts of Canada were about 1/4 mile out of place. On top of all that, Tomtom haven't responded to my first support call in almost a month, so much for 24 hours. To be honest I'm wondering if I can return it. For now I'll just keep updating my Amazon review.
Mus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am confused. I have upgraded from TTN5 to 5.21. I uploaded to main XDA11 memory as it would not load onto my TT provided SD card as i thought it should. I had problems with it deleting ALL my favourites and it would not save my HOME either although now fixed but no idea why. Bottom line is I can see no difference in anything!

Having read this forum I thought TT updates are meant to be whole new versions. But the 521.exe is only 4.3MB so it cannot possibly contain new maps can it? If I look in 'show version' it says Great_Britain_Map v562 and App version 5.210(5430).

I have also tried to back up the original TT SD via a card reader and it only backs up 8.46MB whereas actual used SD space is 119MB?

Am I missing something?
Thanks
Mus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even more confused.
Following on from my note above after I returned the TT SD card into the XDA 11 I turned on TT to discover that it had gone back to v5.0!! I had to reinstal 521.exe all over again!

Am I dumb or is TT dumb.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mus wrote:
Having read this forum I thought TT updates are meant to be whole new versions. But the 521.exe is only 4.3MB so it cannot possibly contain new maps can it?

We are talking whole PROGRAM version. We never said that would include maps.

You may have ended up with two installations - one in main memory and one on the SD card. There's a bug in the 5.21 installer that will force TTN into main memory. You will have to move the files over to SD card manually after the installation (don't forget to change the shortcuts too)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Mus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aah, thanks. Guess it was expecting too much to get updated maps! Any ideas on why I cannot copy the SD card? I have emailed Dazzle and TT and will post response in due course.

Mus

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: