Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Goodmans GNAV10 Sat Nav System
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Goodmans GNAV10 Sat Nav System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yorik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Goodmans GNAV10 Sat Nav System Reply with quote

I have just purchased this device - so all is new to me Sad

I have managed to download the list of speed cameras that were in another thread and it locates them and tells me that i am approaching, the problem i have is that the warning is a "favourites warning" and I dont know how to change this wav file or how to load the bitmap for a Camera.
I would appreciate any help as I am completely in the dark.

Oh and by the way are there other applications that can be used with this system ( OS Maps where i can use 6 or 8 figure grid references etc )

Any help would be appreciated, i am trying to follow the threads but seem to go round in circles Embarassed
PompeyDave68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sound file you are stuck with i'm afraid, but you can change the icons. Goto "Favourite", highlight the speed camera section, then click on "edit" at the top. Scroll through the icons until you find the speed camera one (it looks like a camera with a clock under it!!)

** Update**

Actually, I grew to hate it!!!
Tom Tom Go!!! Much better now!!!!!
lee67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry dave but i have managed to get my soundfile changed to "warning gatso ahead"...i imported the sound file form a website( cant rember name) that had loads of gps wav files....i then cut and pasted this into the goodmans sound files...for more info follow the threads in DESTINATOR forum...its took me a couple of weeks of messing to get the cameras on. a suitbable camera icon and the spoken camera alert...and i aint clever at such things Laughing Out Loud...as i say if u look in destinator forum..u will find the answers ..cheers lee :D
PompeyDave68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee67 wrote:
sorry dave but i have managed to get my soundfile changed to "warning gatso ahead

Hey, don't apologise!!! Does it say "Warning, Gatso ahead..." only when a Gatso is approaching, or does it aslo say it you are nearing any other of your favourites?? I can change my "Favourites Ahead" warning, but can't be specific as to what the favourites are!!! Mind you, "Warning, Gatso ahead" would cause me to slow down just as much as "Warning McDonalds around the corner" would!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

** Update**

Actually, I grew to hate it!!!
Tom Tom Go!!! Much better now!!!!!
lee67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it also says warning gatso ahead when i get close to other favourites..this i can live with...i,m also in the midst of changing the red visual alert to warning gatso ahead..and also change the alert distance settings..i have messed about with em but so far they dont stick..but i,m quite happy with all the cams on..a suitable icon where every camera is ..and a woman saying "warning gatso ahead"..will keep u posted

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: