Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PocketGPSWorld.com launch POICapture for TomTom GO
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PocketGPSWorld.com launch POICapture for TomTom GO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002

Sorry...yeah, I realised there was no .mnu file in the original files, but I thought there might be some boffin out there who could decypher the code. There must be something somewhere which creates the menu.

Regularly absent, but still here in spirit !
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: POI Capture Reply with quote

Just in case anyone is interested. POI Capture for software version 5.42 works on my TTOne which now has version 6.14 installed. It is still displayed sideways, but I think that is a problem with the hardware of the One. Don't know if this version of Capture will also work with other TTs but I imagine it should.

Ellaroo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: POI Capture Reply with quote

999tommo wrote:
Just in case anyone is interested. POI Capture for software version 5.42 works on my TTOne which now has version 6.14 installed. It is still displayed sideways, but I think that is a problem with the hardware of the One. Don't know if this version of Capture will also work with other TTs but I imagine it should.

Hi
Don't suppose you could help me to get it working on my Tomtom One it's version 6.5. I've tried downloading the zip file several times and following the instructions to install on the tomtom but I must be doing something wrong. Hope you don't mind me asking for help. Once nistalled it should come up with all the speed limits and cameras etc shouldn't it? Sorry if I appear a bit dim, but I've been tryin to do this all day!
Thanks
Ella
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ella, Welcome to the forum, is it the POICapture you need to undestand more of, or the actual Speed camera database installation to the device, if you want warnings etc then its the camera database, there is no specific guide for your unit but THIS ONE is a close match, just disregard the text to speach information (as that is only for the Go-910).
If its POICapture you want installed please re-post and I am sure someone will be along to help out - Mike
Ellaroo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike
Thanks very much for the help. I guess it was the speed and camera warnings I was after. I've downloaded and installed the file that you directed me too. I've added them all as POI warnings, so I guess know I will receive a warning for speed limits and cameras?
Also installed the sounds for the warnings too, not sure how succesfully though - we'll see!
Many many thanks didn't realsie it was that easy, or have I done it wrong?

Is the POICapture just purely for reporting where cameras are then?

Is there anything else you can suggest for me to add to my tomtom one?

Sorry for the questions.

Thanks
Ella
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about asking questions, that is what forums are for!
POICapture allows you to record the positions of speed cameras whilst on the road, it also makes a note of the type, speed and carriagway - you can then simply e-mail a single file to PGPSW with the contained information, if you are the first to spot a new fixed camera site you could qualify for free membership for life. Its up to you whether you want this facility, but i find it most useful.
If you want to check the additions you have made to the device, simply use the Advanced Planning option and set a route that you know goes past a camera (local knowledge helps) , then use View Route / Show Route Demo (set the speed to 100%) and sit back at home watching the virtual journey - if the warnings are set correctly it should play the warnings as well - Mike
Ellaroo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Mike. You;ve been a great help.
:D
Ella
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz, or anyone else with knowledge......

Is there any plan to alter POI Capture to allow you to record a camera with a kph speed limit, rather than only mph. I mean it can record up to 70 which can obviously be mph or kph, dependant on where you capture it, but what about a French autoroute at 130 kph, how do you record that speed limit?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: