Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help! - Sysonchip CF Plus II with Tomtom 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! - Sysonchip CF Plus II with Tomtom 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
browncaravan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Help! - Sysonchip CF Plus II with Tomtom 5 Reply with quote

Hello.

Firstly I must apologise about the length of this post. I am really stuck and need help, so below is my problem with as much detail as possible.

I am having great difficulty getting a Sysonchip CF Plus II working with Tomtom Navigator 5. I have a Dell Axim X51v with Windows Mobile 2005.

I get 'No GPS device!'

Tomtom is up to date, version 5.1.

I am new to all this PDA and navigation stuff, so I’ll attempt on explaining the situation.

I insert the CF card, a window pops up saying, 'new modem detected - there are no connections on your device that use this modem. Tap either 'The Internet' or 'Work' to create a new connection'. I select 'dismiss'.

I load Tomtom 5.1, click on change preferences, show gps status, then configure. I select other cable nmea gps, baud rate 4800, then select, 'Sysonchip Syson_gps_CF' out of the possible choices of that and:
Native IR
Com 3
BT UART on Com 5
Se???a?? ?a??d?? st?? on com 1

The yellow and black circle thing spins for a bit and nothing happens. The red light on the CF card is constantly on, which I think means everything is fine. I go into the Sysonchip test program thing where there are also settings. I go into port settings, choose the correct port, Com 4, and then click connect, everything works fine within the test program. When I do go into this test program and select the port, it always seems to be on com 7, why?

In windows mobile 2005 under 'system' there is a gps icon. When clicked on it displays:
choose the port that programs will use to obtain gps data. Any program that uses gps will need to communicate with this port. Then the next tab 'hardware' it says, specify the hardware port to which your Gps device is connected, for more information see gps manufacturers docs. baud rate is also selected here. You can’t select the same com port in both areas. At the minute I have it on 'none' in both, I have tried various options, but as I don’t know what I'm doing, it doesn’t help.

(By the way, I definitely have it set on the NMEA setting, baud rate 4800)

Now, back to Tomtom. - this confuses me even more:
If, while in the Tomtom program I remove the Sysonchip CF card, wait a couple of seconds then re-insert, I get the new modem detected screen appear. Now, if I select 'the work' option, it says 'make a new connection' asking you to type a name, and select a modem, If I select 'Bluetooth' out of the list of 'hayes compatible on com 1, and generic IRDA' and click next, it says, select the Bluetooth device you want to use to connect to a network, I select 'new partnership, it starts searching for Bluetooth devices, and says non found - well I didn’t expect it to find any, but then, if I click cancel to get right back to Tomtom. I have satellites, locked and working, disk spinning, displaying 'other cable NMEA gps' within about 15-30 seconds, it all goes back to grey and shows, 'no gps device'

I really can’t understand what is going on.

Please can someone help me?

Thanks very much

Chris
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure your Syson CF GPS is not compatible with WM5

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Chorlie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

My old SysOnChip CF plus GPS works on my Dell X51 (Mobile 2005) with TTN5.

But I've the same problem as you if I try and use my Holux GM-270 CF GPS.

Strange

Maverickuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! - Sysonchip CF Plus II with Tomtom 5 Reply with quote

The only way this will work is with TT running in th background. Once you bring it to the front of your today screen it will kill the GPS signal.

Cheers

Mav
Chorlie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This SysOn CF Plus seems to work....

but I have 2 Axim X51 and only 1 SysOn CF Plus, so still looking for another CF GPS that will work.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: