Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - help withxda 2 with gps receiver
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

help withxda 2 with gps receiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bully
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: help withxda 2 with gps receiver Reply with quote

I have an xda 2 with tomtom 5 installed but cant get the bluetooth gps reveiver to talk to it, the xda can see it but the blue light on the gps flashes every 3 seconds.

Have tried all what it says in the instructions but still cant get it working together any advise or help would be great

thanks chris
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got the GPS unit paired with the reciever? then use "other wired NMEA device" in the GPS set-up within TT. set Baud speed (4800 or 9600 are the most common) and finally select the Bluetooth port on the last screen it shows. It might take 15 Min to fire up if its the first time, and make sure its got a clean line of sight to the sky - Mike
bully
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Have you got the GPS unit paired with the reciever? then use "other wired NMEA device" in the GPS set-up within TT. set Baud speed (4800 or 9600 are the most common) and finally select the Bluetooth port on the last screen it shows. It might take 15 Min to fire up if its the first time, and make sure its got a clean line of sight to the sky - Mike

Thanks for the advise i will try that
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would also recommend that you download the TomTom 5 update @
www.tomtom.com -> support -> PDA navigation -> TomTom 5 -> updates and manuals Update July 2005 - TomTom NAVIGATOR 5.10
bully
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StevenGourlay wrote:
i would also recommend that you download the TomTom 5 update @
www.tomtom.com -> support -> PDA navigation -> TomTom 5 -> updates and manuals Update July 2005 - TomTom NAVIGATOR 5.10

I tried the down load but it asks me for a activation code and i dont have one i got tomtom 5 sd card of ebay.

I have tried leaving the xda and bt77 to talk to each other for a bout half an hour with gps setting in various ways but the blue tooth on the gps still flashes every 3 seconds and will not link up to the xda. the xda can see the gps receiver in the blue tooth settings but other than that they dont seem to connect.

I am really stumped now and getting fed up with it

Any advise much appreciated

Thanks Chris
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Have you got the GPS unit paired with the reciever?
Have you actually achieved a succesfull PAIR between the two devices, and during pairing select SPP mode, if not then the problem is not the TT software. It sounds like the devices are not comunicating with each other. I have seen this before with the XDAII, and it was down to the microsoft BT stack, if you load the Widicomm instead it might work - not too easy to do though - I would also sugest you purchase a legitimate copy of the software as without the product code it is more than likely pirated software - Mike
ipaq3870
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the red LED actually flashing? If not you've not achieved GPS sync and you won't get any sense from the unit.

This might help you achieve GPS sync....

1. Remove the battery from the BT77;
2. Remove the two small philips head screws from the bottom of the case;
3. Remove the front of the case. There are two small clips at the top, so pull the case updwards and forwards - gently!
4. You should see a small cell battery - possible covered by a coloured (mine was blue) circular label.
5. Remove the label and the battery. The battery is a tight fit and you may need to lever the plastic clip out of the way to remove it. Be gentle - the mechanical integrity of the battery holder is, shall we say, "adequate".
6. With the cell battery out, go away and make a brew. Survey the wonder that is modern day electronics.
7. Suitably refreshed, put the battery back (and the label back on) and reassemble the unit (if you've got this far it should be a doddle).
8. Powering the unit on should result in a fix after a few minutes.

---

Steve
bully
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get the bt 77 to have a red light flashing so i can only presume it has got linked to a satalite. the problem i think i have is i dont think the bt77 is talking to the xda, the xda can find the bt gps via bluetooth but but that seems to be about it. The bt gps has a blue light that only flashes about once every 3 seconds i can seem to sort out this problem. How can i tell on the xda if it is receiving signals from the bt gps
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might have a cracked version of the software id buy full version from a dealer not off ebay i believe total pda are pretty good on price and delvery 8) 8)

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
bully
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i buy tomtom 5 on sd card do you think this will sort the problem and is it possible to buy just the software on a card
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look here for price they are a good company to deal with as far as i know http://www.easydevices.co.uk/pp/Software//TOMTOM_NAVIGATOR_5_SOFTWARE_WITH_UK_MAPS.html

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
bully
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help and advice i think i might have a dodgy tomtom 5 sd card just hope i can get my money back from the person i bought it from Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: