Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Forced back from TT5 to CP5 :-(
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Forced back from TT5 to CP5 :-(

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northernbloke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Forced back from TT5 to CP5 :-( Reply with quote

Well I've finally found a problem I can't get round with my TT5 and I've had to bite the bullet and re-install CoPilot 5

TT5 doesn't cover the Isle of Man - how stupid is that!!!!!!!

I never expected to be saying this, but i'm actually glad i've got CP5 to fall back on
HellFire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the reason for that is the maps were created before isle of man existed Laughing
Northernbloke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - because of the isle of man mapping, which it looks like i'm going to need more often in the future I decided I might take a big gamble against my better judgement and order an upgrade to CP6. I've been waiting over 7 days since I sent in my request - I can log in to the ALK Website and see that it's status is still showing as "unresolved" - guess customer service is just as bad always.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pre-ordered 6/11 and got a reply on th 11th saying thay were out of stock, but that they hoped to get in touch in the next few days. In any event (I quote) 'If you don't hear from us within the next week, we will send an update to all pre-registered customers on the 18th of November to keep you informed'

The promised update on the supply situation didn't appear.
Northernbloke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe they still can't sort out their problems at the customer support/sales end. We as existing customers know just how bad things were, and despite assurances from Mr Burrows about improvements - from my own personal experience it gets no better.

I am seriously wondering whether to go with the upgrade at all now, I need IOM coverage, but not at any expense, and the £99 upgrade fee (as I had decided to go for the full euro upgrade) is beginning to resemble the very bad idea i feared it would do.
Northernbloke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dear ,

You are receiving this email because you have pre-registered to upgrade to CoPilot Live 6 and we thank you for bearing with us.

Unfortunately upgrades are taking longer than expected due to most customers wanting to ask us questions prior to taking payment. To help speed up this process, if you have any questions you would like answered can you please contact Support on 0207 404 4222 rather than waiting for the upgrade team to call, as this will help speed up the process and ultimately get to eveyrones order much quicker.

Since we commenced the upgrade process we have employed more staff to cater for the demand and will very shortly be providing a secure shopping card website address to allow anyone to fast-track their upgrade and receive the upgrade quicker. We will send the website address as soon as it is available.

Regards,

ALK European Technical Support
Email: ukcustservice@alk.eu.com
Tel: 020 7404 4222

Just received that addition to the "ticket" i raised ordering my upgrade.
9 days to get a response from them, and they don't even know my name. Well if thats their new improved customer service they can keep it, I'm not going to spend any more of my cash with a company that has so little regard for it's customers, and are continually claiming to be improving their service levels.

The £99 i was about to spend on an upgrade will buy me a nice A-Z and map of the Isle of Man, until anyone else covers IoM with satnav maps
Bazzer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not going to spend any more of my cash with a company that has so little regard for it's customers, and are continually claiming to be improving their service levels

Welcome to the club Northernbloke. After the appalling service given concerning problems with CP5, I vowed never to buy anything fro ALK again.

While I'm very interested in the various comments about CP6, nothing that I've read so far has changed my mind. Sad

Baz
Garmin Montana 650
Garmin Oregon 45oT
Garmin Edge 1000
Tracklogs Digital Mapping
Northernbloke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know m8 - i was in the same boat as you, and also vowed not to spend anymore cash with them, I spent almost £300 on my CP5 package and am far from happy that it's still not fully working, doesn't include features it was clearly advertised and labelled as having and ALK have brought out a replacement for it.

However the Isle of Man mapping problem meant i decided to give them another chance and yet again they proved that as a company they are incapable of looking after their customers. The only upside on this occasion is that I haven't parted with any more money.

Hope you're reading this Mr Burrows - It seems to me that your promises about customer service improvements are about as truthful as the review you did for CoPilot 5.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am awaiting an upgrade, and like Northernbloke have now been sent the same email (except they did use my name).

As for customer service, apart from it being a little slower than it could be (probably too few people stretched to thinly) I have had no complaints about my dealings with them (via e-mail).

As for the review not being truthful, I think that is a bit far to go. I have been using CoPilot for just over a year now, and while I have issues with it, I am fundementally happy with my purchase.

When buying, I had narrowed my choice down to TomTom 3 and CoPilot 5, and have to say that it was the review persuaded me to take the CoPilot route, so if I felt misled I would obviously be angry.

At no time during the year have I felt that (so far as my use of the product is concerned) the review contained any inaccuracies (let alone any untruths) which would have affected my choice.

Before posting, I re-read the review, (I do not use Live or traffic because I use a MIO168) to see if I could find anything I could use to complain; I could not.

As for traffic, it does mention it as a feature to come, and as the reviewer was not in the employ of ALK at the time, I fail to see how he can be held responisble for the delay. I do however feel, that it may have been responsible and appropriate to add a comment to the review about the delay, as soon as it was known that this was an issue for some.

I do however think that that a delay with a major feature which takes you to the next upgrade is totally unacceptable. I even wonder if this could be interpreted as non-delivery - but that is another matter, and as a user, who to be honest was never likely to use the feature during the life of the product, feel that it is inappropriate for me to complain about it.

So for a user like me, who did not upgrade from either an earlier version or a competing product, or even have any experience of previous versions, and uses it as a self contained product - which is probably the profile of the vast majority of users (if not matching the profile of this forums members), they probably have little to complain about so far as the review even being inaccurate is concerned.
iankb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with most reviews is that they reflect a snap judgement of a product, and they usually don't get updated when bugs are fixed, or when new bugs or quirks are found.

If a review of CP6 is published now, it will either make it look too good (because the reviewer won't have found the important bugs yet), or it will look too bad (because he didn't know that a patch release was going to completely fix the problem next week).

Given that, unlike printed magazine reviews, on-line reviews can always be updated, maybe this forum should undertake to review the reviews on a periodic basis.

iPaq 2210
Globalsat BT-338
Seidio G2500 Amplified Vent Mount
CoPilot 6, GPS Tuner 4.2, Navio 3.01
BMW 330ci Sport
GrimBeard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's a brave soul that undertakes a review of CP6!!!

Or a masochist

Maybe ponderous wants the job? Laughing

GB
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB is right - I don't think anyone here is all that interested in taking the poison chalice that is the CoPilot Live v6 review. To be honest, I don't blame them after the row that erupted after the last one. Embarassed
Ako
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think vitriolic witch hunt would be more in keeping with what happened afterwards, not a row.
Here are the timings of how I got my upgrade:-

21/10/05 - ordered upgrade and received automated response, and also email with account details.
26/10/05 - Received email saying shipment should be within 14 days.
10/11/05 - Received email saying stock was in and contact would be made within 7 days for payment details
14/11/05 - contact made for payment details and email saying payment taken and I would receive upgrade within 3 to 5 working days.
3 days later I got the upgrade.

OK, you might say that the whole process was a bit slow but in general they did what they said they would, and I had CP5 in the meantime. Before that last comment provokes the usual negative response I don't use it as heavily as some and haven't had the problems that some others have.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: