Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GO update of 5.420 has been released.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GO update of 5.420 has been released.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbokb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy

Are you saying that all 31 are showing up.
TTGaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah.. The old K750i compatability problem.. hmm or maybe its just me Confused

I`ve updated the firmware to 5.4 and although I`m now getting speech through handfree now, I`m having major problems trying to connect to any plus services. If I swith the phone off, swicth it back on again and connect to, say, weather, it will connect no problems.. Once downloaded and back to the main display my phone does not disconnect from GPRS, therefor I have to reconnect to the mobile via the "mobile connect" function.

I should also add that initially when trying to connect to GPRS I was getting "Unable to Connect" even with a full signal, but when I pressed canel, the phone tried to connect Confused Confused Confused :x .

I would be greatful one of you fine people could forward me the manual connection doofers for the SE K750i on Orange (Contact) so I can enter the setting manualy...

Cheers
Gary.
StanStill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeloVenom wrote:

I have used the updated Data.chk file this morning and the sounds are not correct. i.e. some are missing and others are in the wrong order. Is this just me?

You are not alone, I have the same problem. It looks like I am back with 5.2 until it is sorted out.
DavidHobbs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if this 5.420 update is for the US as well b/c I don't see it on that part of their site?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbokb wrote:
Oldboy

Yes. I'm now going to see how many I can load. Rolling Eyes

The only drawback is that Scaredycats Quickam doesn't work.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snig wrote:
TuurG wrote:
According to TomTom most freezes are a result of using 5.420 together with SDK apps, designed for v5.202 (like ScaredyCat's apps).
Might be true for "most" but certainly not all. I had problems installing over 5.0 (no Scaredy) and several others have reported problems trying it over 5.201 (again presumably no Scaredy).

Regards,
Mark.

I had SC's V5.202 and upgraded to V5.420 with no problem. It still sees the Quickam but tapping the icon does nothing and has no effect on recording.

It uses the tomtom.mnu file I have, which saves me having to scroll through pages of icons that I cannot use. I have a 2 page .mnu file.

Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbokb wrote:
Oldboy

I have loaded 41 POI's and can see 39 of them. Smile

Snig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
you don't "install over" anything, you always do a complete replace of system, ttsystem, and data.chk . If that's not what you did this may explain your problems.
Hmm. I thought the concept of installing one version over another would be easily understood as starting from one version and installing another over the top. Maybe it's a language thing.

Anyways, the only input the user has over the installation is clicking the exe file. No choice of which components are installed.

To keep things crystal clear, I started off with an exact copy of the SD card as supplied by TomTom for the maps upgrade. No SDK, no speed camera voice warnings etc. I placed that card in a card reader and ran the exe version of the upgrade. It trashed the card which then needed reformatting in my camera.

It's a moot point having later managed to install it in reverse order - application onto a blank card then copied the maps etc. on afterwards.

Regards,
Mark.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidHobbs wrote:
Does anyone know if this 5.420 update is for the US as well b/c I don't see it on that part of their site?

these versions are always language agnostic. In other words - yes, you can use it in the US.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
kmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StanStill wrote:
VeloVenom wrote:

I have used the updated Data.chk file this morning and the sounds are not correct. i.e. some are missing and others are in the wrong order. Is this just me?

You are not alone, I have the same problem. It looks like I am back with 5.2 until it is sorted out.

Lutz has uploaded an updated file. I tried it and it fixed these problems for me. See thread here
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=16489&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=540

If you go here http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-poi-alerts.php you can now download the latest data.chk for firmware 5.42
twodown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if this new firmware has fixed the problem with the permanant docking kit and mobile calls playing over the cars speakers?
VeloVenom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz has uploaded an updated file. I tried it and it fixed these problems for me. See thread here
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=16489&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=540

If you go here http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-poi-alerts.php you can now download the latest data.chk for firmware 5.42[/quote]

Lutz's new file cured my problem too. Thanks for your help Guys Exclamation
StanStill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded again (the file size was changed slightly) and most of the problems have been solved.

Two points though, there does not seem to be a warning for Gatso 70 and the previous version I had said "Warning, Gatso ahead, speed limit xxx" which I preferred. Has this version now disappeared?
Jelly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Firmware 5.420 Reply with quote

Hi, my first posting :D Been reading this forum for sometime and found it informative and helpful.

Just to get it clear in my mind, I have upgraded to SC's 5.202. Am I right in assuming that if I want to upgrade to 5.420, I can do this without having to revert back to 5.201?

I understand that ScaredyCats upgrades will not function under 5.420 but at present I'm more keen to have 40 (or is it 39) POIs.

What I dont want to do is go straight into the upgrade, screw everything up, then have to go back to the backed-up 5.201 version, try and sort out the mess, and spend all Friday night tearing my hair out, or what's left of it.

Thanks for your help
mow
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an original Tom Tom user (less than one year old by the way) is there any point in loading the latest version 5.4. It would appear that apart from the increase in Poi’s the improvements are all for the 300-700 models.
At least they could have included a PIN security update, or is that a technical imposable?
I have a horrible feeling that we original purchasers are left out in the cold now
Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: