Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PostCode to POI
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PostCode to POI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimonB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: PostCode to POI Reply with quote

I'm hoping someone on this forum can give me some assistance in the following:

I'm trying to convert about 500 Addresses (PostCodes) to a POI File for use on multiple Tomtom GO's etc.

I've tried using http://ukpostcodes.boldlygoingnowhere.org/ by pasting 50 Postcodes at a time but as its based on a database- quite a high percentage of the postcodes aren't recognised.

Tried using Streetmap etc to convert to Long/Lat results - but can only do one at a time?
Any ideas for automating the process?

Thanks

Simon
--
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've PM'd you.
neils45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im trying to do exactly the same thing....map POI's by postcode or convert postcode to lat/long to map.

Any suggestions? Batch conversion is a must qwing to the amount of postcodes needing mapping/converting.

Cheers
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you MS AutoRoute?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mugwump
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: batch postcode converter Reply with quote

Hi,

The batch converter at http://ukpostcodes.boldlygoingnowhere.org/ should be up to date, if you are having trouble with the conversions please let me know. It may be a bug that I have not discovered myself. Embarassed

Less that about 1% of conversions should fail, if you are seeing more than that please submit the data and highlight in the feedback box that they dont work. They wll then be investigated......
mugwump
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Google maps Reply with quote

Also, Neils

You mentioned converting postcodes to a map???, the http://ukpostcodes.boldlygoingnowhere.org/ site now integrates with google maps. All your waypoints are shown on a clickable / scrollable / zoomable map.

If any of these features dont work for you please let me know so I can improve the site.....

Also, the batch limit of 50 is something I impose to prevent abuse. If you contact me there is no reason why I cant do larger batches on an ad-hoc basis. (but I do have a real job too Wink )

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: