Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - i3 POI HELP PLEASE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

i3 POI HELP PLEASE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: i3 POI HELP PLEASE Reply with quote

Just bought i3 and works great for nav, (either using Normal or EGNOS GPS) but I can't get camera warnings when driving despite having downloaded the necessary POI's (I think correctly).
Map is City Navigator Europe NT + v8
Software is v 2.70 (Audio v 2.00).

All the files are in C:\Garmin on my PC (incl. Webupdater, POI Loader & POI Edit) and the latest POI's and Camera Data are in a subdirectory of this called 'Garmin i3 POI's & Camera Data'. (I have extracted, but not deleted the Zip files I downloaded - all files are in this subdirectory).

From POI Loader I then downloaded to my i3 (using Express mode)all the data.

Can anyone help please? Is there a way of checking what data has been downloaded to the i3, or is there something I need to do to set up my i3 to display the data at the appropriate locations?
dougconran
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. The only way you can check what is on the miniflash card is to get a card reader ad connect that to your PC. You cannot do it by connecting the i3 to your PC.

2. To check on the i3 whether you have got the POIs go to 'Where to'/'Foods Hotels and More'/'Custom Points' you should see all of your personal POIs (including speed cameras etc) listed there. I think that when uploading the POIs you need to have both a csv file which contains the actual points plus a bmp file of the same name.

3. If you are using the Pocket GPS World camera database, having unzipped it you should go to ...\csv files\other for the actual files but you will need to add some bmp files which should be 8 bit bmp images, each with the same name as a corresponding csv file.

The best place to get all of this is from MaFt's site at www.MaFt.co.uk/garmin where you can get any number of POI files plus their images. You will need to separately add the PGPSW speed camera csv files to the same directory, rename them using the rename.bat script and then load the lot using POILoader.

HTH
NoLCD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too was a little confused but loaded first a single CSV file.
Try just loading the file in (c:\garmin\) pocketgps_uk_sc_Nov05\single file version\csv file\other\pocketgps_uk_sc.csv (the result of unzipping the database) Open it with POI Edit and save it in the folder that will be where you will keep your POI's.
Then run Garmin GStart, or just plug the i3 in and it should open it up for you. In the POILoader make sure you point to the POI folder above. Select Express and the fileshould then load (i3 shows splash screen and transferring data). Then as dougconran said the cameras should now live in the Custom Points folder.
Hopefully this will get you started. Then follow MaFTs guide to tweak what you want.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all of the .csv files need to be inonesingle folder. the i3 won't upoad from sub-flders!

hope this helps ya!

MaFt
NoLCD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed! Just to newbies there are so many different files and I found this one to be a good start. BTW your custom POI's are great!
enek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I'll try the ideas out when I get some time! enek

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: