Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Considering simlutaneous purchase of N70 and TTM5....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Considering simlutaneous purchase of N70 and TTM5....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichMc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Considering simlutaneous purchase of N70 and TTM5.... Reply with quote

Hi. I'm new on this forum. I thought I would read the advice of others before taking the plunge. So far this has been very useful indeed.

I am considering buying the Nokia N70 and Tom Tom mobile 5 for Sat Nav. I had some thicko questions that probably have really obvious answers but here goes: Laughing

1) Once the TT5 card is in the phone and software installed on N70, do you still need to put the card in every time you run TT5? If so, this would mean you a making your memory slot on the phone redundant and you would have to stop TT5 if you wanted to listen to MP3 files that you have stored on your other memory card. Why can't TT5 just be on the phones internal memory? Is it really that big? Would it be worth waiting for the N91 in Jan?

2) Does reliability of TT5 with the N70 depend on which mobile service company you go with. e.g. Vodaphone/ Orange have a lot of their own software on their N70s and this may conflict with TT5 software. I have seen other postings that say the N70 is ok with TT5. Which mobile service providers do you use please?

3) From what I have read on this forums, TT5 is slightly better than Route 66. Is that fair enough?

I appreciate your advice.
Rich :D
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Considering simlutaneous purchase of N70 and TTM5.... Reply with quote

RichMc wrote:

1) Once the TT5 card is in the phone and software installed on N70, do you still need to put the card in every time you run TT5?

Yes. Even if the application is installed you still need the storage space for the maps.

Quote:

If so, this would mean you a making your memory slot on the phone redundant and you would have to stop TT5 if you wanted to listen to MP3 files that you have stored on your other memory card. Why can't TT5 just be on the phones internal memory? Is it really that big? Would it be worth waiting for the N91 in Jan?

Yes it really is that big, or rather the maps are. My TomTom Mobile came on a 128Mb card, you aren't going to find many phones with internal memory of that size!

But all is not lost :D. All you do is buy a bigger memory card and then copy TomTom (using your PC) onto the new memory card, then you'll have lots of space for your MP3's and whatever.

Quote:

2) Does reliability of TT5 with the N70 depend on which mobile service company you go with. e.g. Vodaphone/ Orange have a lot of their own software on their N70s and this may conflict with TT5 software. I have seen other postings that say the N70 is ok with TT5. Which mobile service providers do you use please?

AFAIK the mobile provider has no bearing whatsoever on the operation of TTM5. I use O2 for what it's worth.
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have got a Nokia N70 and will be buying a Dual Voltage memory card to install TomTom mobile 5 on, it has full postcode search but I don’t know what the Euromap coverage will be as tomtom did not supply euro maps for the older version. If you want to PM once i have install tomtom i will let you know how reliable it is.
RichMc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thanks guys that would be great
RichMc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Route 66 doesn't work on N70 say Route 66 customer services Reply with quote

Route 66 customer services emailed me to say:

"Unfortunately Nokia N70 is not compatible with our software. We have
tested the present version of our software in combination with this mobile
phone model and error messages occur while using the two products together. Please note that there a new version will be available soon. This version will be compatible with Nokia N70. In order to find out up-to-date information about ROUTE 66 products that will be released in the future and the supported platforms, please regularly refer to the "News" section of our web site".

So for now if I buy the N70 route 66 will not work. It is interesting that TT5M is not supposed to work on the N70 but people say it does. Why is this?
Rich

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: