Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nokia N70 tomtom mobile 5 problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia N70 tomtom mobile 5 problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KenBruce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use TTM5.202
BT-321 HOLOX GPS
Map UK v605

Having same probs as above.
Running a 2GB Kingston card.

Had great difficulty in getting the prog to reconnect to GPS if the GPS signal was lost or BT connection lost. Also backlighting switched off if BT connection dropped for more than a minute even though set to never go off.
I've removed/disabled all but Speed Cam single file.

Found that it was best to let TT do the pairing the first time. Unpair everything and switch BT off. Turn on GPS and then run TT prog. When asked turn on BT and phone finds GPS or go to settings and configure from Show GPS Status. Enter pairing code if asked.
Having done that each time I switch off TT I switch off BT so that next time I run TT it asks for BT to be turned on. Doing it this way seems to help with signal dropout. I can turn GPS off for minutes and then turn on and it reconnects within seconds.
I haven't set the GPS as authorised to make connection itself but I do have the BT connection visible to other BT devices.
KenBruce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still had some problems with dropping BT as reported in last post above.
Keeping the same setup as above I made some changes to the TT installation and have just returned from a 2 hour drive with no problems at all!
The changes were these.
On the SD card there is a directory called TomTom containing two files. One file is called DATA.CHK and the other is TTSWITCHER.EXE.
I moved this directory to the phone memory so that in Phone Memory (CSmile I now have three directories Nokia, TomTom and TomTomMobile.
My reason for moving them was not based on any real knowledge of the problem but with the idea in mind that the programme seemed to be struggling to read data from the card. Deleting POIs and using small maps all seemed to help. So I thought I would try to move some of the data (data.chk?) to the phone memory which may be accessed quicker.
I have yet to try with a bigger map or more POIs but I've made several journeys all with no problems at all. I haven't been able to use the BT earpiece as well with any success except for one journey.
Hope this helps
cheers
KenBruce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to the above modification and with the same idea in mind I moved another directory to the Phone Memory. It requires that you use Fexplorer on your phone which is a programme similar in function to WIndows Explorer.
Using Fexplorer check out the directory on the SD card called System/Apps/TTMOBILE. You will find this on the E:drive on the phone.
Copy the directory and its contents using Fexplorer and paste it into C:/System/Apps so the path is similar to what it was before only the drive has changed. Directory TTMOBILE is now in C:/System/Apps instead of E:/System/Apps
TTMOBILE contains the programme itself. I tested it out and I'm now using 28 POI files (including the PGPS individual camera files) and no problems. I am also running Traffic.
I will check it out with a BT earpiece later. I haven't been carrying the earpiece with me lately because of previous problems.
Hope this info helps someone or am I alone in here? Question
bazz007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done the above, but i no longer have tomtom as an icon, i can only launch the app using Fexplorer....I'll see if the prgram is more stable
KenBruce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found an answer to pairing/connection problems when you first select the programme. I had transferred my programme 5.202 to a new card and was using that for quite a while with no problems other than the ones previously mentioned.
Suddenly one day last week the prog refused to detect the GPS device (Holox BT-321). Sat waiting in the car for minutes and eventually decided to go into GPS Status and see if that worked which it did. Continued on my journey and had one drop out which required me to go into GPS Status.
Got home and removed the card and decided to compare it today with the previous card I had been running which still had the prog on it. Only difference I can detect so far is the new directory of colur schemes is called SCHEMES on the troublesome card while the card which works has schemes. Changed the name of the directory from SCHEMES to schemes and hey presto the programme picks up the GPS when you turn on without any excursion to GPS Status. Weird or what?

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that in as it may help someone.

Last edited by KenBruce on Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
KenBruce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have also added that if I rename the directory back to the old name the prog stops working QED
KenBruce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New software for N70 out today. V 5.0705.3.0.1 30-01-07 RM-84.

Wonder if that will help all these problems?
TheMincer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KenBruce wrote:
New software for N70 out today. V 5.0705.3.0.1 30-01-07 RM-84.

Wonder if that will help all these problems?

I debranded my N70 from Orange last night so I could install the latest firmware you mention.

No BT dropouts on a 500 mile round trip today so hopefully some progress!!

The phone seems better without the crappy Orange sidebar etc. anyway, so even if the BT problem is not solved, it was a worthwhile exercise.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25

Jump to: