Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nokia N70 tomtom mobile 5 problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia N70 tomtom mobile 5 problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razzler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Solution to N70 Tom Tom Probs Reply with quote

I tried re-formatting my SD card today and re-installing all the Tom Tom software. I then upgraded to version 5.2 and went into tom tom. I then disabled POI's and Voice commands. After 2 weeks i had my first 3 hour round trip with no loss of gps signal or crashes.

It was either the switching off of the POI's (point of interest) and voice or the re-installation that cracked it, hope this helps i had been trying for ages before getting this solution !!!
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have an excessive number of POIs installed, or any 'Strange' voices?

What happens if you enable voice now - will it work?
razzler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to enable the voice once and it immediatley crashed the phone. I would definatley say that all these crashing problems are due to the phone not being able to take the POI's and Voices. I had a few POI's on and the normal 'Tim' UK voice.

Try turning them off and see what happens !
CJackel492
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried TTM5 on my N70 with just 2 POI's with sounds, They're only small POI's (List of Friends - Not enough favourites for all my friends),

It worked fine for over an hour on demo mode, Demo normally crashes when all the safety camera POI's were installed (BT GPS must be connected),

Carl,
FOZEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM MOBILE 5 AND NOKIA N70 PROBLEMS SOLVED! Reply with quote

hi all just thought i would spread the word that i have had all the probs you guys have had and it was doing my head in! i have now solved the problem and it now works perfectly!!!!!!! :D
OBVIOUSLY NOT A NOKIA PROBLEM, BECAUSE I CHANGED NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PHONE.

THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT..................

1. DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL TOMTOM MOBILE 5 VER 5.2 FROM THEIR SITE AND FOLLOW THE EXACT INSTRUCTIONS BY USING A CARD READER/WRITER.
2. WHEN THEY SAY SELECT YOUR DEVICE CHOOSE N90 AND NOT OTHER BECAUSE N70 IS NOT LISTED
3. CHUCK YOUR CARD BACK IN YOUR N70 ENTER THE ACTIVATION CODE(IF YOU HAVENT GOT ONE,THEN I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP YOU)
4. ENJOY!, COS IT NOW WORKS GREAT WITH NO FREEZE AND NO GPS DROP

IM SO HAPPY!!!!!
crazyjlondon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: n70 tomtom problems Reply with quote

I have a long story i puchased tomtom version 4 for my 7610 it was sent to me even though i went to a link from the tomtom site in july 1 week later after complaining to tomtom that the phone on the site they showed their product working on the tomtom that i recieved was on a larger card and would not fit, they said i need to buy a memory card reader and buy the update for 80 euros i was livid as i had just bought this and could not use it straight out of the box unless i rammmed my larger memory card under my battery.
So i was told by tomtom i need to take it back and get version 5 or buy a smaller card so as my tomtom was bought from web site it would take ages and as i have opened it i would be getting it sent back as it was working if you used it in the correct phone.
So i bought the smaller card.
Job done fine UNTILL i upgraded to n70
then i have the problems you all have.
i contacted tomtom they told me as i have version 4 the upgrade to 5 is no longer availible as a download to purchase,
and i need to BUY BRAND NEW TOMTOM again what is going on?
after a bit of moaning on the tomtom site i was told there will be a fix out in JAN sometime being a whole new version suporting the N70 but i wil be able to buy it as an upgrade ...not sure if it will suport my version 4 but it will cost about 80euros.
But to my horror i see in places on their site that vrsion 5.20 suports n70 and you lot seem to have problems with it still.
whos leg are they pulling?
i did the sneaky and downloaded the version 5 its still crashes with speed camera database from this site.
i haver tried to updated it with version 5.20 it asks for my great britain map code i try to put the code i got with my map and says invalid even though i got the code from TTcode.com so not sure whats going on.

So there is a fix up to a point..
DELETE ALL the speed camera database from this site from memory card
Remove all old pairings in nokia bluetooth.
Reboot n70 " switch off for 30 secs"
turn on GPS any work !
start tomtom let it turn on bluetooth,
let tomtom pair with gps and away ya go !

all i need to know is how to add new code for 5.20 update.
Hope this helps
crazyjlondon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: TOMTOM MOBILE 5 AND NOKIA N70 PROBLEMS SOLVED! Reply with quote

FOZEY wrote:
hi all just thought i would spread the word that i have had all the probs you guys have had and it was doing my head in! i have now solved the problem and it now works perfectly!!!!!!! :D
OBVIOUSLY NOT A NOKIA PROBLEM, BECAUSE I CHANGED NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PHONE.

THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT..................

1. DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL TOMTOM MOBILE 5 VER 5.2 FROM THEIR SITE AND FOLLOW THE EXACT INSTRUCTIONS BY USING A CARD READER/WRITER.
2. WHEN THEY SAY SELECT YOUR DEVICE CHOOSE N90 AND NOT OTHER BECAUSE N70 IS NOT LISTED
3. CHUCK YOUR CARD BACK IN YOUR N70 ENTER THE ACTIVATION CODE(IF YOU HAVENT GOT ONE,THEN I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP YOU)
4. ENJOY!, COS IT NOW WORKS GREAT WITH NO FREEZE AND NO GPS DROP

IM SO HAPPY!!!!!

may i ask does your work with the speed camera database from this site?
and can you help me with the code please?
crazyjlondon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution to N70 Tom Tom Probs Reply with quote

razzler wrote:
I tried re-formatting my SD card today and re-installing all the Tom Tom software. I then upgraded to version 5.2 and went into tom tom. I then disabled POI's and Voice commands. After 2 weeks i had my first 3 hour round trip with no loss of gps signal or crashes.

It was either the switching off of the POI's (point of interest) and voice or the re-installation that cracked it, hope this helps i had been trying for ages before getting this solution !!!

what POI's you switch off? do you meen the ones from this site?
if so deleting the speed camera database files from my great britain map cured my n70 problems can even run version 4 on it fine.
philhoward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now a little concerned about upgrading my old 6600 to a N70..

I was using the original TTM and it had problems with the voice "stuttering" all the time, but got a little better if I used no POI's at all (i.e. speed cameras). Upgraded to TTM5, and all of a sudden it's cured - I can run the full POI list and so far have had only one crash in 4 months - and i'm pretty sure that was the phone rather than TTM5.

I'm using the original TomTom BT GPS Reciever (Silver one), and am hoping to just insert the MMC card (OK, wll have to transfer it over to an RS-MMC) and go when I upgrade to an N70 this week.

Anyone done similar and had no further problems?
crazyjlondon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philhoward wrote:
I'm now a little concerned about upgrading my old 6600 to a N70..

I was using the original TTM and it had problems with the voice "stuttering" all the time, but got a little better if I used no POI's at all (i.e. speed cameras). Upgraded to TTM5, and all of a sudden it's cured - I can run the full POI list and so far have had only one crash in 4 months - and i'm pretty sure that was the phone rather than TTM5.

I'm using the original TomTom BT GPS Reciever (Silver one), and am hoping to just insert the MMC card (OK, wll have to transfer it over to an RS-MMC) and go when I upgrade to an N70 this week.

Anyone done similar and had no further problems?

it probably will work if you do a strange setup like i have explained in previous post. dont install the POI's from this site on your n70 let tomtom pair to the gps not the nokia.
danmax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Works for me Reply with quote

I have vers 5.2 installed on my card and it works a treat. sometimes I have to reboot phone to get a gps signal but after that it will work all day long if required.

I bought myself a 512 mmc card and wouldn't you believe it the wife bought me one for christmas.

I am prepared to sell my spare card with a working version of the latest 5.2 on it. also installed are the latest updates for speed cameras etc, and celeb voices (a bit naff in my opinion but fun for 2 mins or so)

anyone interested mail me at danmax@canihave.co.uk

I am using the N70 with a non tomtom gps receiver (from ebay)

phone firmware is
v 3.0546.2.3
18-11-05
RM-84

P.S

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
crazyjlondon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Works for me Reply with quote

danmax wrote:
I have vers 5.2 installed on my card and it works a treat. sometimes I have to reboot phone to get a gps signal but after that it will work all day long if required.

I bought myself a 512 mmc card and wouldn't you believe it the wife bought me one for christmas.

I am prepared to sell my spare card with a working version of the latest 5.2 on it. also installed are the latest updates for speed cameras etc, and celeb voices (a bit naff in my opinion but fun for 2 mins or so)

anyone interested mail me at danmax@canihave.co.uk

I am using the N70 with a non tomtom gps receiver (from ebay)

phone firmware is
v 3.0546.2.3
18-11-05
RM-84

P.S

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Hi have you tried driving with the speed camera database on the n70?
or running a long journey in demo mode and see after 1 hour or so when you cancel demo the gps has been lost and only a phone reboot sorts it out?
thanks
danmax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have run a demo to see the route with no probs

Why would you run in demo for an hour?

All I know is that it has worked each time I have used it.

I do have the speed camera database in it and working fine.

I switch off after reaching my destination and after that I may need to reboot phone to get a signal but that to me is only a minor problem which I can live with

Cheers
crazyjlondon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danmax wrote:
I have run a demo to see the route with no probs

Why would you run in demo for an hour?

All I know is that it has worked each time I have used it.

I do have the speed camera database in it and working fine.

I switch off after reaching my destination and after that I may need to reboot phone to get a signal but that to me is only a minor problem which I can live with

Cheers

reason i would run demo for an hour is because you can without the speed camera POI's then when they are installed then i cant run it for long 20 mins or so then when canceling the demo the phone needs a reboot before you can connnect to the gps.
danmax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok

All I can tell you is that I have done numerous journeys, don't think any have been over an hour though, I have the speed camera database on it which I download from pocketgps. Everything appears to be working ok

I'll repost after I do a large trip.

Longest tip I have done so far is about 40 mins with no probs

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 3 of 25

Jump to: