Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nokia N70 tomtom mobile 5 problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia N70 tomtom mobile 5 problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have n70 with 3rd party bt i have no probs at all since update to 5.20 software
razzler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: N70 and Tom Tom Mobile Reply with quote

I am having exactly the same freezing problems as anyone else, has anyone found a definate way of solving this ?

Or does anyone have a detailed instruction of how to alter the bluetooth settings on the N70 as descrived earlier ?
Ash_999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunny,

Can you please confirm which BT receiver you have got ?

Thanks
bunny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a silvershield 16 channels lots on ebay
Ash_999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info bunny.

I'm trying to find out which receivers it works with & which ones it doesn't and then I might have a better idea about whats going on.
razzler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard from Nokia and they have suggested using the version 5.2 of Tom Tom Mobile software. I have downloaded it onto my phone and will test today to see if it makes any difference !!
bunny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

razzler wrote:
I have heard from Nokia and they have suggested using the version 5.2 of Tom Tom Mobile software. I have downloaded it onto my phone and will test today to see if it makes any difference !!

that is what i said earlier
bunny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry the text is so big above it looked small when i posted it . i have to get use to using the quote button
LetsTalk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Best GPS for Nokia N70 Reply with quote

I have recently purchased a Nokia N70 and also want to use TomTom Mobile. I have been reading that some people have been having problems using TomTom on there N70. Could someone please let me know what best Bluetooth GPS to use with the N70 for TomTom Mobile. I also understand that there is a new software version for TomTom Mobile (5.2).
Are the problems people are having just software problems and are they experiencing any more problems after installing new version of TomTom Mobile (5.2).

I would appreciate anyone's help!!!!
razzler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still having problems with Nokia N70 and Version 5.2 of Tom Tom Software. I am using a BTG 7000 GPS unit, and i cant figure out how to 'pair' the devices without doing it on the phone as some people have suggested earlier as a solution to the crashing problem.
Ash_999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Method that I've found that seems to work best is:-

1. Make sure TT is not running and your BT device is switched off
2. Start TT.
3. Go into Change Preferences => Show GPS Status => Configure
4. When you select your type of device it should start searching for BT devices.
5. Switch on your BT device.

Pain in the arse way, but thats the only way that I have found for it to work.
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Best GPS for Nokia N70 Reply with quote

LetsTalk wrote:
Could someone please let me know what best Bluetooth GPS to use with the N70 for TomTom Mobile.

You must buy the GPS with the receiver so the TomTom GPS is the one you are going to be using regardless of which one is 'best'. And the TomTom GPS is one of the best anyway Smile
KingHon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: NOkia N70 Problem Reply with quote

Hi,

I am running TT5 using the bluetooth tomtom receiver, and am experiancing the same problems as everyone else.

Ive just been to test it out, it was great for about 20 mins, then crashed. I rebooted, and it happend again. :x

I have noticed that it only crashes when on the move and when it seemes to come to do something a bit complicated. e.g. an immediate left right turn. It's alomst as if it can't cope. I can hgave it on for as long as I want when stationary.

Any solutions yet?

Cheers
Explorer999111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D
Hi,
I had the same problem when first using the N70 but after deleting the pairing with the GPS and then letting TomTom pair the device , all is working well - and has been for several weeks now.

Sorry, but can't remember exactly how I got it working although it was much along the lines of above....

Therefore, keep playing with the settings and it will work

TomTom v5
BT-338 Sirf GPS unit
razzler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Mobile 5.2 and N70 Reply with quote

I have been trying out different software on my new N70, using a BTG 7000 gps unit, my phone is on the orange network.

Tom Tom Mobile V.5 and V.5.2 - Having crashing problems frequently, when i contacted tom tom they suggest reducing number of points of interest etc as it sounds like a memory issue, i have not tried this yet but i am fairly sure it wont make much difference. I have also tried all the pairing techniques in previous posts, not helping including using offline mode.

Route 66 Mobile
- Not compatible with N70 at all, get as far a first screen and then it will take you back to the main menu screen

Route 66 Mobile 7 - Seems to load up fine and connect to gps reciever but i have not been able to use my Route 66 mobile maps with version 7, if anyone can help me out with this it would be much appreciated.

Has anyone got as far as using the Tom Tom V.5.2 software on their N70 without any problems over a long journey. I am planning to go to Holland just after Christmas and was hoping to rely on the gps but at this rate it looks like i will be taking a map instead !!

benforward@hotmail.com

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 2 of 25

Jump to: