Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot Wishlist
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot Wishlist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my wish list I would like

1. To be able to lock the two display options ie speed, height, eta etc. getting fed up with trying to bring the speed one back after I've missed hitting the screen for something.

2. Greater use of the pda buttons to control functions like alternative route - or does it do this but I haven't found it yet Confused

3. Previously mentioned current time displayed as well as eta.

4. Ability to edit the name of a saved favourite

5. Ability to be able to say select quickest route for normal journey but to have shortest route selected if you have to divert due to traffic problems. If you divert off a motorway the quickest route still tends to be to use the motorway so it will keep directing you back whereas the shortest route may be the best in the circumstances.

I'm sure there must be others but I've only had it a couple of weeks so still finding my way around it.

Still haven't managed to get a successful 'live' session going yet.

Phil
BMWBiker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishlist for CP 5 upgrade:
1. A compass display, for riding in the country. However, the customizable display line for Heading is an improvement over CP 4.5. I have not found a suitable mechanical compass for a motorcycle yet.

2. In the Itinerary view, a right click on a turn or waypoint should give the option to display this point on the map view (as it does on the PC). It has always been difficult to display the destination on the map in Planning Mode. My workaround to study the map area around a given destination in CP4.5 has been to enter Planning Mode, enter the place as Origin while leaving the Destination blank. Then route calculation zooms right to that location.

3. GPSTracks playback: this seems to be a useless gimmick on the PPC, but it should be available on the desktop. It should be easy to playback any trip at any speed for a slide-show presentation of a trip.

4. The ultimate customizable route calculation shouldn't be that hard to implement: the desktop already shows Advanced Options for route calculation, giving relative weights to larger or smaller roads. You should be able to save a given option set, like "Sunday driving", or "Motorcycle" or "Dirt road". Above all, these preferences should be available in the PPC, beyond the current "Quickest" or "Shortest". It only boils down to about a dozen numbers per saved set, this does not seem expensive on memory or implementation time.

5. A "driveways" feature, that allows you to make small map corrections that will persist. For your house or office that is way off the road you should be able to draw in your driveway and allow this favorite to then appear normally as if it were right on a road.
mur
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using CP 5 for only a week now, But I noticed
that you can not enter more than one Work or home address.
Why are you not allowed to input more than 1 Addy or am I missing something?

I'd like to Put my Work addresses (which has 3 locations) and
also like to input multiple addresses in the Home field.
(home and Vacation)

Can This be Done????

Once I select a second address, the original defaults to Favorites.

I also Would Like to See the "Just Ahead" field have a Few More distance Options. As of Now 8Sec/100feet is spoken a bit too late. I'd Like to have it signal earlier say like 15/sec or 200,300 feet

Thanks
to advise on a right turn
peterjam28
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Avoid road Reply with quote

1) When entering a trip, i want an option to avoid a road rather than waiting till i'm driving to avoid it. (some roads are always busy)

2) Ability for the software to learn which routes i always take or never take rather since i know my local area better than it does Smile

3) Button to press when i reach a destination so it can update for future reference (it thinks my address is at the end of my street and it always tells me to turn around)

4) Just to repeat this ... louder prompts!!!
Steve101
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the next update for Copilot 5, it would be nice to be able to navigate around Dublin without having to resort to area codes.

Dublin has 24 area codes - like post codes in UK, but not as complex. There are about 4-6 areas in 1 code.

If you were looking for 'Main Street' in Tallaght, for example, and don't know which area code it is - you can't find it.

The only way to find 'Main Street' is to just select Dublin itself. This brings up about 2 million of them. Which one do I pick, hmmm.

It is the equivalent of looking for a Street in London and not specifying where it is. I can't imagine people in London knowing exactly what areas have what codes. They just say such and such in Croydon or Wembley or whatever.

Its about time this happened with Dublin - after all its 100% mapped.

By the way 'Main Street' is just a common street in many towns in Ireland.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have waypoints to make it route through a specific place - how about avoid points that would be routed around. Preferably ones that can be imported like the safety cameras - low bridges and weight/width restrictions spring to mind.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see changes in how detours are calculated.

In general, a detour is required when there is a blockage ahead, the requirement is therefore to avoid the route ahead.

It would be useful if the map could be scaled to show the effect of the detour, (as with next turn - but in this case where you rejoin the original route) so that it can be seen if the new route is acceptable, tapping the screen returning to your previous view. Additionally, it would be useful, if rather than just calculating another detour if, if this is not acceptable, that Co-Pilot can be instructed to calculate a detour which avoids more of the original route.
Redhotorange
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the patch out to sort out all the bugs.
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we have a new sticky for COpilot 6, so taht we can start again?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: