Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5/ Treo 650: Questions on Contacts and Walking
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5/ Treo 650: Questions on Contacts and Walking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prairiefire
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: TT5/ Treo 650: Questions on Contacts and Walking Reply with quote

I'm running TT5 ona Treo 650. My computer is a Mac and I use the Mac Address book for contacts.

I've got a couple of questions for which I could not find answers in the manual.

1. Contacts: I've heard that I should be able to use contacts to pick a destination from my address book. This does not work at all. I enter the Contacts program and get an anemic list of some -- but not all -- of my contacts. Asking to navigate to them does nothing.

I'm wondering if this is because I'm using the Mac address book and not Outlook. I figure once it is in the Treo it should not matter.

Anyone figure this out?

There is absolutely nothing in the manual about contacts, and I can't find any info online.

2. How would you go about entering a Parking lot location? I get lost all the time. Directionally challenged. Do you use the enter GPS as a favorite?

3. Walking: This may sound dumb, but in a car, the GPS sending unit is mounted and does not move except with the car. Will it matter if I put the unit in a pants pocket and walk with it? My legs move in ways a car doesn't.

That's enough questions for now. I'd really like help. Thanks.
sjh
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Contacts navigation is indeed pathetic. It only works if you store your contact addreesses EXACTLY as TomTom knows the address (which is most of the time not how locals know it)

2. yes, use the current GPS position

3. doesn't matter much. Make sure Static Navigation is switched off otherwise all movements below 4 km/h are suppressed by the receiver.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: