Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navicore 2006 will include full uk postal addresses
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navicore 2006 will include full uk postal addresses
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5aboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Navicore 2006 will include full uk postal addresses Reply with quote

having submitted a query to navicore, i learn that they are releasing navicore personal 2006 early next year (2006) and this will include full uk postcode search as well as other improvements.

just thought i should let anyone interested know that its therefore perhaps best to wait for the 2-3 months until its released, or get tomtom if you need full uk postcode search instead!
energylevel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: And Some... Reply with quote

They need to get up to speed with a number of other things too if they realy want to compete with TomTom .. don't personally like the road detail on screenit's missing key information like road reference number like A6, A1, B5145 etc ... also I think it was missing junction numbers for motorway exits ... key informatiuon for navigation in UK .. road names are no use when travelling alonf A and B roads ... when was the last time you saw a UK road name on a Sign ?? Peoson I poke to at Navicire said it was down to the map data, but I was under the impression they ised the same map data suppliers as TomTom ??
Nords
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cheaper, software only upgrade for TT5 users would help too!
scottcooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Full Postcode Search on Navicore 2006 Reply with quote

Has anyone used Navicore 2006 yet? Their website doesn't mention full 7 digit postcode searching so maybe is isn't a feature after all.

How does Navicore compare to TomTom Mobile 5?

Cheers
dave_angel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it. It has full 7 digit post code search.

Have not tried Tomtom so can't comment but have been well impressed with navicore.
wiggy25
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave_angel,

As you have Navicore 2006 has it been improved to give road junctions and the road descriptions such as M1, A1 etc?

Just checking from energylevel's comments looks like it needed some more things adding has it been done?

What device are you using it on?

Regards

Ian
dave_angel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it seems to give accurate descriptions of the traffic directions on the signs if that is what you mean?

Have now managed to get the tomtom ov2 files to work - took a while of asking navicore but eventually managed it after the sent the correct version of the extension editor.

All in all seems to be working a charm at the mo
wiggy25
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one,

I read somwhere that the voices are a bit naff.
Is this true or have they been improved in the 2006 version?

Why can't they let us download a limited version or a timed version so we can try these out before buying!!
It's a lot of cash to spend if you get the wrong one.

By that I mean they all do pretty much the same thing, each has different things going for it.
Some people will prefer one against the other so it make sense to try them all to find which one you prefer.

Hey ho, will soon decide. Have tried:- Route 66 mobile 7 and TomTom Mobile5 both work great but the TomTom edges it on ease of use and the very good user screens.

Not seen the Navicore running so don't really know what to expect, but would like to give it a go.
MMMmmm

Cheers

Ian
dave_angel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two voices. One male (english) and one female (slight american) - got to say that they are not the best but hey ho its not the worst thing in the world.

VFM i did the research extensively and felt that as well as being cheaper to start with - having the free updates of safety cameras etc was really useful, Navicore seemed to be the way to go if you want 7 digit post codes.

Re - the voices - have seen on the net there is some wheeze about downloading either new voices or making/adapting the ones on the card - using some downladable sowftware. Will be keeping an eye out on net to see developments
wiggy25
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave_angel,

Thanks for all that.

The information has been really helpful.

May have to go for this, just need to check with the boss :D
Now when do I get paid Exclamation
energylevel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the upgrade to Navicore 2006 and whilst they added a host of new features some of the majors ones being new 'safety screen' view, speed cameras alert ( I'm not sure how extensive or accurate the database is) and traffic incident re-routing , it's still not as good as TomTom Mobile in my opinion .. I tried using it on a few longish journeys and I didn't think the routing was as good as TomTom also it still really looks to me like a satnav app that has NOT been developed/scrutinised by people who live and drive in the UK on a regular basis ... firstly the voice instructions even on the UK male voice say some odd things like 'at the intersection' ... I don't know about naybody else but I never heard anybody in the UK use the word 'intersection' when driving/navigating before ....

My one main gripe with the previous version of Navicore was the lack of good on screen information they sort of half fixed this if you use the safety screen view Motorway information is much more substantial / helpful but they still cocked up by only displaying road names for major A and B roads when they really should be displaying the road name and ref A6 , B4150 etc etc I don't think they have grasped this yet despite my best efforts, I even sent them a long email with photos of UK road signs explaining that road names are pretty useless except once you leave major roads, maybe they will catch on soon TomTom are obviously more tuned into on these issues and the on screen information is always what you would be looking for as a confirmation to check against road signs ...

My summary is on paper Navicore 2006 looks great with the additonal new features but TomTom 2005 is still tops and the best , Navicore have got a fair bit to do yet to convince me ....

Oh yeh one more thing that did irritate me was the full postcode search is there but it doesn't allow you to also enter a street/house number which it should do really, not a major issue I suppose but slightly irritating and another indication to me that not enough input and research has gone into this version specifically for UK users ....
wiggy25
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, really useful.

I've contacted Navicore and they have told me some of the points you have mentioned.
Not really over impressed, still looks like TomTom have the lead, in the in phone system.

I'm just trying the Wayfinder software at the moment, downloaded the trial version.

I have to say this is starting to grow on me. My first impressions didn't really give it any justice, and the fact I was given duff information about GPRS costs didn't help!

So I'm still looking, and will post my thoughts on the Wayfinder after my 5 days are up.

Cheers Ian
energylevel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom Mobile 5 is still way ahead in my opinion, We have a Nokia 6630 & 6680 running Navicore 2006 & TomTom Mobile 5 but we did also try Wayfinder which was OK but If you used it a lot maybe the GPRS costs will be hefty .. we also tested Route 66 a while back which again as 'OK' ... TomTom is definately streets ahead of all of these, I'd probably have to put Navicore 2006 in second place based on it's new features but it is still got a lot of ground to make up to be as good as TomTom!
ramzez
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends what do you judge on. for me for example, Navteq maps are better and with Navicore and Route 66 you do get free traffic information using GPRS.
energylevel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and foremost for me is genral navigation features / accuracy TomTom Mobile is way ahead on this ... granted Navicore 2006 offers free road traffic incidents info /re-routing and Speed cameras database / alerts (although I'm not sure how accurate or extensive the databse is ) ... I haven't tried the traffic feature on Navicore so I couldn;t comment on that ... I would never go for number of included features over quality of features ever ... Navicore 2006 stu8ill lacks the UK touc for me in some key areas and it tokk me some very strange routes at times ...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: