Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Announce Launch of TomTom ONE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Announce Launch of TomTom ONE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ugly-Kid-Joe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks for your reply.. what i meant was overall.. would you say TomTom ONE would be a better buy than the TT Go 700?

Regards
nazim

It depends on how you look at it. The 700 has full european maps the one doesn't. The 700 has hands free the one doesn't. It appears the only advantage is the SiRF Star III GPS chipset. It boils down to personal choice. I have a 700 and use the hands free alot, so i prefer the 700.
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup you hit the nail in the head, it really all depends on what you require and if you are getting low GPS cover then it might be an option but to loose the Euro maps and the handsfree.
SL33PYH34D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gib1970 wrote:
im keen to purchase a tt one - ive looked on www.staples.co.uk and can't see them on there?

are they available in the stores themselves?

In store only. Plenty of other places now have them if you need to order online.
Marty-Party
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone advise which Staples and/or Tesco stores that have stock of the One? My local stores have not even heard of it!

Also I would like to know the return policy if anyone has already asked. Lots of stores including Halfords and even Argos are putting special conditions on the sale of sat navs so it can only be returned if faulty. I know this is within the consumers rights stuff, but with new tech kit like this it's a lot to invest if it doesn't fit or is poor quality.
SL33PYH34D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty-Party wrote:
Can anyone advise which Staples and/or Tesco stores that have stock of the One? My local stores have not even heard of it!

Also I would like to know the return policy if anyone has already asked. Lots of stores including Halfords and even Argos are putting special conditions on the sale of sat navs so it can only be returned if faulty. I know this is within the consumers rights stuff, but with new tech kit like this it's a lot to invest if it doesn't fit or is poor quality.

As of yesterday Staples in Reading had a few - they were locked away in a glass cabinet and not even on display with the other Go's. Arrived into stock on Saturday they told me, so its possible if you phoned the store up the salesperson may not even be aware of them.
Also their 14 day money back guarantee DOES apply to the ONE.
Marty-Party
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, I live in the area so will try Reading......thanks
gib1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i popped into my local staples, tesco and woolworth (cheltenham) with no luck...so ordered mine online with next day delivery and the cigarette lighter ac adaptor.
gd2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got one in Staples Aylesbury and if you have or open a Business Account it's 20% until tomorrow. Got mine for £224!
CorbenDallas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: TomTom One Reply with quote

I bought one of these without knowing it was their new baby. Very fast recption indeed, and it has everything I need for work spanning two counties with 90 - 130 house visits per day.

One very neat feature is you can stick it in bike mode, where it uses cycle tracks in preference to roads, and walk mode, where it uses footpaths in preference to cycle tracks and roads. Ideal for walking around city centres.

Pocket sized, light, fast, and cheap. Couldn't ask for anything better.
CorbenDallas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: TomTom One Reply with quote

PS. It does have hands free and Bluetooth (though I don't need that).
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom One Reply with quote

CorbenDallas wrote:
PS. It does have hands free and Bluetooth (though I don't need that).

It has Bluetooth for connection to PLUS Services using a suitable mobile. It DOES NOT have hands free.
TBBD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Got One!! Reply with quote

Hi All - new to this forum, so please bear with me if I post in the wrong thread...

Got my new TT ONE today - seems ruddy good so far...... works through the Laguna heat reflective windscreen no problem.

locks onto 7 sats from inside the house!!

a couple of quick (and hopefully easy) questions for you clever types...

When trying to 'backup' to my PC I get the message 'your computer does not have enough space to back up your device' (or similar)

WHAT!!! - it has 30 GB free - how much room does this thing need???

Secondly - will the PGPSW safety camera database work on the TT ONE if I follow the same rules for the TT GO 300?? Not sure I should try it until someone advises that it will....or that it should...

cheers...
Marty-Party
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep standard speed camera database works just fine on Tom Tom One. Only question I have (as this is my first Tom Tom), is there a way of making the warning speed sensitive.

On the Garmin i3 it warns of a Gatso with a low pitch bong and then keeps warning with a high pitch bong if you exceeding the speed limit. Currently with the One I have not found a way of knowing what the speed limit is.

Other missing features:

1) Automatically swicth to nigh tmode as the sun sets (available on i3)

2) Low profile suction stand, the supplied device is huge and I can't find anywhere to fit it in my Saab 9-5 (the windscreen seems to have a continuous curve so it won't stick)

3) Supplied sticky base to which the suction stand can be fixed.

4) POI database like the one from MaFt with all sorts of stuff like shops and attractions.

Probably some more things but I only got the One today - overall very good so far.
tenjah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi all,

A bit of a newb, but looking forward to purchasing my first satnav, and am not totally clueless when it comes to computer issues.

Originally, I have been drooling over the GO 700, then read a review of the One on mytomtomgo.com and also on here and have decidedly changed my mind in this direction.

I have a couple of q's if anyone can help I'd be most grateful.

Firstly, is the One (and go series etc) USB 1.1 compatible? It says so on the product information page at www.tomtom.co.uk but is that a typo?

Secondly, what size SD card does the One ship with, and is it advisable to "size-up" as far as that is concerned, if so, what would be a recommended SD card size?

Thanks in advance,
Ten

8O 8O 8O Rolling Eyes Idea Idea
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.tomtom.co.uk is a cigar making company Laughing . I am sure that the TomTom One is USB 1.1 and 2.0 compatable. It comes as standard with a 128SD card, with a max card of few gig SD card.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 6 of 20

Jump to: