Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Announce Launch of TomTom ONE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Announce Launch of TomTom ONE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueBox wrote:
Hello All,

Just noticed Tom Tom One at Argos has gone back to £279 Sad

Yes, there was a notice in Argos in Newcastle yesterday saying it was the last day of the cheap offers. Makes sense on their part I guess a lot of people are now panic buying for christmas and so won't shop around too much!

I expect prices will fall back to £220ish in the new year. How long before we see a £199.99 or less?
Naomi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkHewitt wrote:
BlueBox wrote:
Hello All,

Just noticed Tom Tom One at Argos has gone back to £279 Sad

?

In Stockport Argos said yesterday ( Wednesday was the last day of cheap SatNav )

But I bought a TT1 from Comet last night: I first suggested that they might have to reduce their prices as Argos were at £223 and PCWorld £219. They said they would price match. They phoned PCWorld ( 3 shops away) who confirmed £219, price matched it, and charged me £213...."That's what it came out as" said the assistant. "Excellent" said I. Whilst I was there an email came in to their manager from head office telling him that rivals were cheaper. So you may well find Comet also worth a trip now.

Thanks for the heads up people.

Took about 15 minutes, but their "wall" of HD TVs was playing that fantastic advert wherein they bounced a 1/4 million coloured superballs down a steep street in the USA, so I was not bored.

Nao
Marty-Party
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still £219.99 at Staples as of 11am on Thursday 8th December
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naomi wrote:
their "wall" of HD TVs was playing that fantastic advert wherein they bounced a 1/4 million coloured superballs down a steep street in the USA, so I was not bored.

Do you reckon that's for real?
I can't decide, but I think that most are computer generated, and only a few are genuine.
tweety
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Sony it was real

http://www.bravia-advert.com/

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Naomi wrote:
their "wall" of HD TVs was playing that fantastic advert wherein they bounced a 1/4 million coloured superballs down a steep street in the USA, so I was not bored.

Do you reckon that's for real?
I can't decide, but I think that most are computer generated, and only a few are genuine.
Pablo22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

The usual rubbish - long time reader 1st time poster. Smile

I have been looking at the TT1 for quite a while now, and from what I can see its the ideal solution for me.

However, since seeing and hearing about a lot of break-ins in my local area where GPS systems have been targetted, I am planning on a very discrete install for my TT1, when I eventually buy one (Hoping the new year will also bring a few bargains)

Now from what I read, there is and no plans for a permanent dock option for the TT1, and it has direct connections on the bottom of the unit.

Has anyone installed a TT1 in a discrete manor? The suction cup is a no-no as the thiefs are seeing the marks on the dash/window and assume the units still in the car. (Which mine wont be but it wont stop them)
I have seen the brodit clips and vent mounts, but still a little unhappy as most of them stay attached to the dash. I am actually trying to design some form of custom hide-away dock for the TT with the 2 cable connections for power and audio out.

Also, 1 last question to those who have a TT1 - i didnt see the answer on this thread but i might have missed it - THE AUDIO OUT SOCKET - is it a PERM audio signal or does it work like a mute signal and only output something when the voice occurs... I would assume the first of the two is correct...

cheers all Smile
tweety
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look at my post on perm fixing the unit. I used a few methods previously to site various boxs in different cars. Its amazing what you can do with old phone mounts, bicycle light holders and a bit of epoxy.

My fave if spare button locations. Depending on your car they come in as ideal places to fix things and the blank buttons can be easily replaced when you sell the car.

Pablo22 wrote:
Hi All

The usual rubbish - long time reader 1st time poster. Smile

I have been looking at the TT1 for quite a while now, and from what I can see its the ideal solution for me.

However, since seeing and hearing about a lot of break-ins in my local area where GPS systems have been targetted, I am planning on a very discrete install for my TT1, when I eventually buy one (Hoping the new year will also bring a few bargains)

Now from what I read, there is and no plans for a permanent dock option for the TT1, and it has direct connections on the bottom of the unit.

Has anyone installed a TT1 in a discrete manor? The suction cup is a no-no as the thiefs are seeing the marks on the dash/window and assume the units still in the car. (Which mine wont be but it wont stop them)
I have seen the brodit clips and vent mounts, but still a little unhappy as most of them stay attached to the dash. I am actually trying to design some form of custom hide-away dock for the TT with the 2 cable connections for power and audio out.

Also, 1 last question to those who have a TT1 - i didnt see the answer on this thread but i might have missed it - THE AUDIO OUT SOCKET - is it a PERM audio signal or does it work like a mute signal and only output something when the voice occurs... I would assume the first of the two is correct...

cheers all Smile
Pablo22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is your post about perm mounting? Sorry, i couldnt find it for looking.... going boggle-eyed i think!

I actually have a Seat Leon, and it has a pop-out cup holder in the centre console just above the radio. I am trying to see if i can knock something up with that - have wires come up from radio area through the back of the cup holder, then just need to make some form of mount for the tt1 itself.
That way i can push the cupholder away and it wouldnt even look like there is a sat nav unit at all. Smile
Pablo22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its ok - found the thread Smile
Pablo22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you take ur dash mount off when you park up, and then put it back again?
Just trying to get a nifty little install if possible. I guess i will have to wait til i get my unit and see if i can make something Smile

Does the use of the audio out socket mute the internal speaker?
Hemlock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
I have purchased a 256 Mb Kingston 40X SD Card and after downloading a backup from The Tom Tom ONE, proceeded to copy the files over to the new card. All the files were transferred, but after putting the new card in the Tom Tom, It appeared to reject it.
The card works fine in a camera, uploading and downloading image files, so I Formatted it and downloaded the backed up files to the new card again, but the Tom Tom ONE still seems to think there is something wrong with it and it tells me to remove the card.
Is it just possible that the 40X card is still not fast enough and that it maybe requires something like 60X. I would like to try this higher speed next.
Thanks M. Smile
pbcamberley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought a TomTom ONE from Currys. They happily price matched PC World at £219 and took a further 10% off the difference bringing it down to £212. What a bargain! Comet next door has removed all stock from sale (14 in stock). The manager told me that he had a memo from Head Office last night NOT to price match PC World on this Sat Nav as it would mean selling at a lose.
Pablo22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

thanks for your help. I might have to look into those brackets if i cant come up with anything else.

I will wait until the new year before i put my money down as I am skint this time of year...

Anyway, if anyone knows the answer about the audio out socket I would appreciate the help. Thanks. (Does it mute the internal speaker when in use - if it does can it be changed?)
billyrae
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: !!!STOP PRESS!!! TOMTOM ONE £219 Reply with quote

PCWorld are fighting back and are now selling the TOMTOM ONE for just £219! How low can they go?
pdriver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does any body have experience of customising menus on the ONE? Can this be done in the same way as the GO units.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 16 of 20

Jump to: