Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom 300 Single file and Speed zoned downloads
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom 300 Single file and Speed zoned downloads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonocane
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom 300 Single file and Speed zoned downloads Reply with quote

I have download the speed camera files onto my pc. I have copied everything on TT to separate folder as back up. I have then loaded the single file and allocated a sound to this. Now looking to get a little more adventurous and would like to add the speed zoned for the various types of cameras but unsure how to do this. Do I remove single file from GB map on TT or can I leave this in place. I am unsure on the next action, do I copy the bmp & ov2 files from that folder for all the cameras or do I copy all the files from the speed zoned folder? Are they then loaded into the gb map?

Many thanks
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would delete the single camera file and bmp, otherwise you will get duplication.

As to which files you want, have look at this - http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=151199

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
simonocane
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Speed cameras Reply with quote

Thank you Richard for your reply. if I download the 25 file set onto the TT I presume it takes up the same amount of space as the initial 1 file. Also what does the 25 give me. Is it verbal warnings as I approach and an indication of the speed in that zone + the type of camera?

Thanks again
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 25 set takes up the same space as the single file. The only thing to be aware of is the limitation of the number of POI's you can add.

You haven't indicated what device you are using, but I'm guessing it's a PDA with TTN5, in which case you have a limit of 40.

The built-in warnings are the various sounds that you see when you follow the menus in Warn When Near.

You can download a file, Data.chk, (choose the one for your Device), from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-poi-alerts.php that covers 14 spoken camera warnings. (There aren't any Specs Speed Zone warnings in it).

If you want to use the extended form of the data.chk file, have a look at www.rayflanagan.co.uk

simonocane
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your prompt reply Richard. I am using TT300 which is a couple of months old. Any idea how many POIs this holds.? I have already added Tescos and BP sites for work. Did I read that you cannot delete the already installed POIs?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember if it's v5.0 or v5.1 that can use 40.

You can delete Poi.dat, the holder of the built-in gategories, but it makes no difference to the number you can add, and I don't know if it will be stable without it. Confused

stanmore
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: TomTomGo Speed Camera POI Reply with quote

New to this- I have had several abortive attemps to reload the Speed Camera database but this has not worked since i updated to V5.201.. I am sure I am following the instructions correctly but the cameras never get to the POI section.

Help anyone Please......
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give us a few more details on what you actually did.

Which files, where you put them. Which Device you're using, and what size card you have.

stanmore
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basic Tom Tom Go- bought december 2004 standard card 125Mb capacity with 108Mb on it.

Basically followed instruction from this site- downloaded the files to my desktop and moved OV2 and BMP items into tom-tom. Then went to enable them but they aren't there. I have done this previously, before the V2 update and it worked- then i deleted them to update the information and couldn't get them back by repeating the process.

Probably very basic and I am just being thick- but there is a fair few programmes on my tom tom ( i am thinking about capacity here) that were downloaded on previous attempts to get the speed cameras into my POI but i am loath to delete anything as i might stop the machine functioning.

As you can tell- i am very basic in my knowledge- but very grateful for any help!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of GO are you using. If bought in 2004 it will be the Classic. This came with V4.xx.

Are you still using that with the V4 maps? I'm looking at the size of what you have on the card. Have you upgraded the program? or the maps?

What are the 'few programs' that you mention? Are they part of TT?

Can you confirm that you copied the ov2 and bmp files into the Map Folder.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: