Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5 - AREN'T POIs DISPLAYABLE IN MAP MODE?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5 - AREN'T POIs DISPLAYABLE IN MAP MODE?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan

I had, somewhat lazily, taken the version 5.0 label displayed on the right hand side panel to be a mistake. Having looked at the version details further in, it is now obvious that for some reason 5.1 did not install. I have corrected that and can now try again.

Thanks to you, and Alix, for raising the issue and, hopefully, solving the problem.

Paul
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem should be sorted now, the Dell x50v has vga screen which needs 5,1 to operate correctly - mike
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion, Mike and Alix. I had, somewhat lazily, taken the TT 5.0 display on the right-hand side of the route overview screen to be a mistake. In fact, TT 5.1 had for some reason failed to install.

Now I have run TT 5.1 for almost a week, I can report that it does not crash on the Dell Axim X50.

Having said that, there are some serious problems that just might be hardware related, although I rather doubt it having run several GPS applications on the X50 without similar probems. I am referring to the delay of instructions, often until the turn is passed. Combined with the slowness of recalculation of route after a turn is missed, this makes for a SatNav that is poor, and often downright dangerous in urban situations.

These are not the only probems with TT5 that I have experienced so far, but they seem relevant to whether there are issues with the Dell Axim X50, which is why I have posted them here.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Mike, I didn't see your latest post (and I forgot my own - hence the repetition).

While writing, I would add that the custom POI function actually works like a dream. What a pity it isn't matched by the performance of some of its other aspects. Could it be that TomTom (and others -see the Copilot forum) spend time developing nice little touches that impress purchasers and forget to finish off and think through the essentials? Also, it seems to be forgotten that some things, for example non-existent turns or routing down blocked-off, can be got right only through painstaking and time-consuming work and attention to detail.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn off the POI, but leave the warn when near POI selected, this should free up some resource in the PDA to speed it up - Mike
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks once again, Mike. I'm not going on any suitable jorneys for a while, but hopefully this will be the answer when I do.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: