Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fortuna slim, iPaq4700, TT5 jst won't work!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fortuna slim, iPaq4700, TT5 jst won't work!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Fortuna slim, iPaq4700, TT5 jst won't work! Reply with quote

Apologies if his has been asked elsewhere but this is really starting to wind me up!

I have just bought a Fortuna Slim to use with TT5 and an iPaq 4700. The devices appear to be paired correctly but no matter what I do the iPaq refuses to connect to the GPS receiver. I've tried everything I can think of and was beginning to feel happy(!) that the unit was faulty so to check this I tested the receiver with a friends Dell xV50 with the same TT5 and bluetooth settings and it worked first time!
Furthermore other applications on my iPaq which make use of GPS such as pocket streets and pocket earth refuse to connect to the receiver too.
As I said both the iPaq and the Dell had the device pairing set up in the same way, with TT5 configured the same, the only difference being the actual numbers of the bluetooth ports used - the only thing I can now think of is that there must be some kind of a Bluetooth issue with my iPaq - can anyone help?
faramoggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went through a similar thing with TT5 and a BT338. TT5 seems to require an nmea stream, nort sirf. Try the GPStweak program to set the GPS in the right mode

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=29266
richm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try this when I get home albeit I don't think this is the problem. As I said the receiver worked first time with a friends Dell ppc / TT5 so the receiver should already be set to use the NMEA protocol.

On the GPS configuration on my iPaq it never even seems to try to connect to the GPS receiver, the little yellow and black wheel never moves and I'm never prompted to select the receiver from a list of bluetooth devices (something which I understand happens if you don't have the iPaq and the GPS paired before starting TT5)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try using "other wired NMEA device" in the tt gps set-up, then go for the baud speed and on the final screen select bluetooth port, also make sure you have tt vs 5,1 otherwise the 4700 will lock up due to memory leakage - mike
richm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still no success, I upgraded to TT5.1 and followed the advice re using the Other NMEA Cable setting, but still nothing.

I'm pretty sure the receiver is already NMEA but I downloaded the GPSTweak program mentioned in the link above - that doesn't seem to find the receiver either, it's as though the devices are paired but something's stopping data being exchanged, I checked all the ports, baud rates etc - tried setting to all the other combinations anyway and still no joy.

Unless it's some kind of problem with the Bluetooth stack on the 4700 (I have updated the ROM to 1.1) I'm at a loss to know what this could be anymore!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: