Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Two PDA's with one BT GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Two PDA's with one BT GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROBBINS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Two PDA's with one BT GPS Reply with quote

Hi
I am trying to run two hp 2210's at the same time off one TT BT GPS, but cannot get it to work. The PDA that I switch on first seems to grab the BT GPS, and the other cannot connect. Is thier a way to do this?

Robbins
roon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know a BT device can only be paired to one other device. No multiple connections are allowed.

Once its paired with one device it cant be paired to another until the 1st device is disconnected.

Its like a lock and key. One lock and one key. Try pushinh another key into the lock., Laughing
roon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS cant edit my post,

but just to add, it doesnt work like a gang bang where there are two entry holes. Wink
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Two PDA's with one BT GPS Reply with quote

ROBBINS wrote:
Hi
I am trying to run two hp 2210's at the same time off one TT BT GPS, but cannot get it to work.

Why do you need to run two PDA's at the same time? - if you want to share two applications on the same PDA try GPS Gate, its a software programe that will enable multiple programs to share a single GPS input - Mike
ROBBINS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.

Liked the analogy Roon

Robbins
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only GPS I'm aware of that can drive more than one concurrent device is Emtac's Trine BT GPS which can power four devices.

Standard BT devices can only bond with one host at a time.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be correct for the GPS unit (it can't have multiple BT connections open) but not necessarily for the PDA itself. My Ipaq 6340 (with built in phone) running PPC2203 can have multiple bluetooth connections to different devices. For example it talks to both the sat nav receiver and my phone kit at the same time. Also my phone kit can pair with up to 4 mobiles at the same time. I understand that PPC devices without the phone can talk to a BT receiver and a BT phone at the same time.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:
This may be correct for the GPS unit (it can't have multiple BT connections open) but not necessarily for the PDA itself.

I never claimed that a PDA could not have multiple BT connections (although it can only have one of each type concurrent i.e. one GPS connection (BT SPP), 1 x BT Handsfree. The OP's enquiry was specifically in relation to multiple PDA's accessing a single BT GPS hence my reply!
Quote:
Also my phone kit can pair with up to 4 mobiles at the same time

But it cannot 'connect' to all four at the same time!
magic53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know what robbins reason for two pda's at same time but i use one with tt5 and other with mm, the reason being tt sorts out my directions particularly through one way systems in london and mm helps me stay of small road shortcuts with me lorry.

tony
7andy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franson's GPS gate will do this! Set GPS Gate up as normal, then use GPS Gate to send a signal out on the Bluetooth Outgoing com port. On the other PDA, pair with the first pda's com port, and use that as input to the other PDA's GPS app. It does work, I've tried it (though at the time I couldn't see a use for it!)

Cheers, Andy E.
magic53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thats something I'm looking forward to try this week end
ill let you know how i get on
thanks
tony
magic53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahoo!
got gpsgate 2.0 on one hp2210 with tt5, the program splits my gps signal from a blue tooth bt77 to another port which it transmits over blue tooth to my other hp2210 of which i use memory map on. works a treat.
tom-tom tells me which way to go and memory map confirms the road looks big enough for me lorry.
seams if i want to use the second PCP with mm on its own (not receiving of PCP) i quickly add the bt77 in the blue tooth manager but it has to be deleted before it it connects to the gpsgate transmitted port (hope that made sense :0)

first class info 7andy;
thanks
tony
magic53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update Sad

i been driving around southern england this week putting gpsgate 2.0 to the test & I'm not best pleased.
although when it works its good i found with the hard ware i have about once an hour the pda with gpsgate on lost its connection, so the other pda did to as it was no longer transmitted from the first.
a hard reset on pda 1 would have me running again but with 15 hour days & especially with a lorry in London traffic this is just to inconvenient.
today whilst on the move i give up and plugged in an old compact flash gps in to pda2 and un-installed gpsgate of off pda1. 200 miles later not a missed beat.
i think it could be a good idea to have something like gps gate as a back-up just encase something goes wrong but i for one will be using a gps for each machine in the future.
i will be asking else ware on the forum if two identical blue-tooth gps in the same cab will interfere with each other as the little bt77 i got was not only cheep but picks up a good strong set of signals of which i found since using tom tom 5 i need.

tony
marshall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone

I have just read these posts and remembered a link you might like to read

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-navigator-bt-dummy-guide.php

it worked for my problem

cheers
marshall Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: