Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Upgrade c500 to SP5 TomTom 5 Mobile
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrade c500 to SP5 TomTom 5 Mobile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
topgearuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Upgrade c500 to SP5 TomTom 5 Mobile Reply with quote

I have a c500 and tomtom 5 which has been great on orange and my contract is up and I'm in need of a new phone as this 1 has seen better days.

Does anyone know if tomtom 5 mobile will run on the new SP5 which has windows mobile 5 smartphone edition software, this phone runs in 320 x 240 res, I know there have been some issues and work arounds for the C550 which is also 320 x 240 but only running windows 2003 se

Thanks

David
bobhig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you heard about a workaround for the C550? I've been unable to find one, although the problems with the higher res. screen are being investigated.

I may see if I can swap the C550 for a 500 - or keep the old phone for a few months........
topgearuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard of some work around for the C550 which changes the screen res down to the same as a C500, which in my view defeats the object of getting a new and better phone.

Plus when you have shelled out £180 for the software and GPS I expect an update to run on a newer phone which is almost the same and it has now been out for sometime.

Still I must be mad as TomTom has never managed to get it right even from day 1 ( I have owned tomtom 1, 2 and 3 and now mobile 5) they are almost there but never quite right still if they did get it right there would be no need for a newer and better version so this will always be an on going problem!!

Sorry rant over

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: